- Posts: 332
- Thank you received: 6
[SOLVED] Discount - Number of times used and Quota
- LukeDouglas
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #134361
by LukeDouglas
[SOLVED] Discount - Number of times used and Quota was created by LukeDouglas
-- url of the page with the problem -- : HorsemanWithin.org
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 2.5.16 Stable
-- PHP version -- :5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 25.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error message
I have a client that wants to set discounts by category for Black Friday, 11/29/2013 00:01 to 12/01/2013 00:01.
Setting it up is pretty easy EXCEPT, there is no explanation in the online documentation that I can find for "Number of times used" and "Quota". If we leave it blank, is it basically considered as unlimited or do you have to put in a high figure such as '999999999' to ensure the max is never met? Yes, I know, common sense dictates that if there is no value in the field, then it is considered as 'unlimited'. But I didn't write the code and I want to be sure exactly what you're suppose to do with those fields if you want them unlimited. Frankly, you need a hover tooltip that explains that.
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : Joomla! 2.5.16 Stable
-- PHP version -- :5.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 25.0
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error message
I have a client that wants to set discounts by category for Black Friday, 11/29/2013 00:01 to 12/01/2013 00:01.
Setting it up is pretty easy EXCEPT, there is no explanation in the online documentation that I can find for "Number of times used" and "Quota". If we leave it blank, is it basically considered as unlimited or do you have to put in a high figure such as '999999999' to ensure the max is never met? Yes, I know, common sense dictates that if there is no value in the field, then it is considered as 'unlimited'. But I didn't write the code and I want to be sure exactly what you're suppose to do with those fields if you want them unlimited. Frankly, you need a hover tooltip that explains that.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by LukeDouglas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 10 months ago #134371
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Discount - Number of times used and Quota
As you say, common sense dictates the behavior. If you leave the field empty, it will be "unlimited" for the quota.
The "number of times used" field contains the number of times the discount/coupon has been used (as the name implies). So you should not change it unless you want to reset it after your tests for example.
The "number of times used" field contains the number of times the discount/coupon has been used (as the name implies). So you should not change it unless you want to reset it after your tests for example.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds