- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 0
how to setup coupons or discounts
12 years 8 months ago #140974
by treybraid
how to setup coupons or discounts was created by treybraid
www.gonmstars.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.17
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
I've got a football website that will be selling tickets and merchandise. The client has indicated he wants to setup the employees of 2 companies with discounts for the upcoming season.
Company A will get 15%
Company B will get 30%
I don't know if I have set this up correctly or not? I created Discounts and named them both then I chose " coupon " for the type. I also went to Configuration > Checkout and moved the Coupon Balloon above the address in the workflow. Do I need to do anything else or will it prompt the customer to enter in the Coupon Code during registration or in the checkout?
Please Advise
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.17
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.27
I've got a football website that will be selling tickets and merchandise. The client has indicated he wants to setup the employees of 2 companies with discounts for the upcoming season.
Company A will get 15%
Company B will get 30%
I don't know if I have set this up correctly or not? I created Discounts and named them both then I chose " coupon " for the type. I also went to Configuration > Checkout and moved the Coupon Balloon above the address in the workflow. Do I need to do anything else or will it prompt the customer to enter in the Coupon Code during registration or in the checkout?
Please Advise
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago #141007
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic how to setup coupons or discounts
Hi,
For what I read, it seems good.
During the checkout, you have to enter the coupon code you configured in the backend.
Regards,
For what I read, it seems good.
During the checkout, you have to enter the coupon code you configured in the backend.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #141050
by treybraid
Replied by treybraid on topic how to setup coupons or discounts
Jerome to match up with the coupon parameters in the backend does the wording have to be exact right down to upper or lower case?
Example:
1. McKernan Sports
2. Friends and Family
If they type it in lower case will it still match it up or does it have to be exact? I should've asked this too--- should I make it 1 word with no spaces?
Thanks
Trey
Example:
1. McKernan Sports
2. Friends and Family
If they type it in lower case will it still match it up or does it have to be exact? I should've asked this too--- should I make it 1 word with no spaces?
Thanks
Trey
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by treybraid.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #141126
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic how to setup coupons or discounts
Hi,
The coupon code will be case insensitive.
The "collation" of the field in the database make the search case insensitive.
But you can use space or special characters if you want. There is no problem with that.
Regards,
The coupon code will be case insensitive.
The "collation" of the field in the database make the search case insensitive.
But you can use space or special characters if you want. There is no problem with that.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Jerome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: treybraid
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds