- Posts: 209
- Thank you received: 18
Coupon discounts on products with options
12 years 7 months ago #145282
by JIK
Coupon discounts on products with options was created by JIK
Hi, I have a problem with a coupon that will not apply.
saying "The Coupon entered cannot be used for the products in your cart".
I have checked all the details of all the coupons and they appear to be correct.
Why would this occur?
- The user has a dicount coupon code (gift voucher) for $250 - I have a discount set up for that coupon.
- The product has a discounted price was $455 now $395 - I have a discount set up for that product.
- The product also has an "option" product that is not discounted. If selected it adds the option and $25 to the order.
saying "The Coupon entered cannot be used for the products in your cart".
I have checked all the details of all the coupons and they appear to be correct.
Why would this occur?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145329
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Coupon discounts on products with options
Hi,
Can you please provide a screenshot of your coupon configuration ?
The options of a product are not part of the product while processing the discount restrictions, it could explain why if does not work if you apply the coupon on the single product only.
Regards,
Can you please provide a screenshot of your coupon configuration ?
The options of a product are not part of the product while processing the discount restrictions, it could explain why if does not work if you apply the coupon on the single product only.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145444
by JIK
Replied by JIK on topic Coupon discounts on products with options
Hi Jerome, thanks for your reply.
I fixed it by removing the discount on the main product - the user coupon now works.
I think it had something to do with the full price option being added to the cart along with the already discounted main product. My system works perfectly for coupons being applied to discounted products where there are no options I had both the coupons set to "standard behaviour" but tested the other settings to see if it made any difference but it did not.
I'm using business version 2.2.0 so I possibly need to upgrade my Hikashop.

Thanks.
I fixed it by removing the discount on the main product - the user coupon now works.
I think it had something to do with the full price option being added to the cart along with the already discounted main product. My system works perfectly for coupons being applied to discounted products where there are no options I had both the coupons set to "standard behaviour" but tested the other settings to see if it made any difference but it did not.
I'm using business version 2.2.0 so I possibly need to upgrade my Hikashop.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #145456
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Coupon discounts on products with options
Yes, we fixed several issues regarding coupon calculations since the 2.2.0, so that might actually help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds