- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 1
Help with Club Membership and Price management
10 years 4 months ago #240859
by bshomer
Help with Club Membership and Price management was created by bshomer
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox/43.0 Fedora 23
Hi,
I went through documentations and questions in the forum but I still feel like an idiot...
Can you please provide a step by step, clear tutorial for the following situation (and I think many people will thank you):
In my shop I want to have a club membership.
The (one time) membership is purchased for a fee as a product.
Once membership has been purchased, the customer is being added to the Joomla "club members" group I created.
"club members" are automatically entitled to a 10% discount (which I created, but I don't know how to associated it with the group).
In price display, for non registered or non club members I want to display the regular price AND the price they would receive as club members. Club members who are logged in, should only see the club membership price (and a note displaying how much they saved in this purchase as club members).
I could not understand if for that, I must have the business version or not and how to set it up.
Another question: In business version, the geoIP part - is it independent, or does it depend on the native php geoIP library (which is NOT installed by most providers, since it is not a default library).
Thank you very much!
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox/43.0 Fedora 23
Hi,
I went through documentations and questions in the forum but I still feel like an idiot...
Can you please provide a step by step, clear tutorial for the following situation (and I think many people will thank you):
In my shop I want to have a club membership.
The (one time) membership is purchased for a fee as a product.
Once membership has been purchased, the customer is being added to the Joomla "club members" group I created.
"club members" are automatically entitled to a 10% discount (which I created, but I don't know how to associated it with the group).
In price display, for non registered or non club members I want to display the regular price AND the price they would receive as club members. Club members who are logged in, should only see the club membership price (and a note displaying how much they saved in this purchase as club members).
I could not understand if for that, I must have the business version or not and how to set it up.
Another question: In business version, the geoIP part - is it independent, or does it depend on the native php geoIP library (which is NOT installed by most providers, since it is not a default library).
Thank you very much!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 4 months ago #240867
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Help with Club Membership and Price management
Hello,
- Go to your "Membership" product configuration page
- Set the "User group after purchase" to the "club members" group.
- Go to your Discount configuration page
- Set the "Access level" option to the "club members" group
To do that you'll have to directly :Once membership has been purchased, the customer is being added to the Joomla "club members" group I created.
"club members" are automatically entitled to a 10% discount (which I created, but I don't know how to associated it with the group).
- Go to your "Membership" product configuration page
- Set the "User group after purchase" to the "club members" group.
- Go to your Discount configuration page
- Set the "Access level" option to the "club members" group
There is actually no option to do that but adding it on your product description will do the job.In price display, for non registered or non club members I want to display the regular price AND the price they would receive as club members
The following user(s) said Thank You: bshomer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #240989
by bshomer
Replied by bshomer on topic Help with Club Membership and Price management
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
In the product configuration page, I have no option of "Membership".
Also, in discount page Access Level is blocked.
So I guess I must have the business package? right?
That was actually part of my question - if I need business.
Also - Can you please reply to my question regarding geoIP???
<Thanks>
Thanks for your reply.
In the product configuration page, I have no option of "Membership".
Also, in discount page Access Level is blocked.
So I guess I must have the business package? right?
That was actually part of my question - if I need business.
Also - Can you please reply to my question regarding geoIP???
<Thanks>
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by bshomer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241006
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Help with Club Membership and Price management
Hi,
1. Mohamed meant that you shoudl edit your product, not look for a "membership" option.
In the product edition screen, you'll have the "User group after purchase" option that he was talking about.
But yes, both that option and the access level option of discounts are limited to the Business edition only.
2. It doesn't use the PHP geoIP library.
As explained on the documentation page for the geolocation, it uses the IPInfoDB service, which can be used freely:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...hop-geolocation.html
1. Mohamed meant that you shoudl edit your product, not look for a "membership" option.
In the product edition screen, you'll have the "User group after purchase" option that he was talking about.
But yes, both that option and the access level option of discounts are limited to the Business edition only.
2. It doesn't use the PHP geoIP library.
As explained on the documentation page for the geolocation, it uses the IPInfoDB service, which can be used freely:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...hop-geolocation.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: bshomer
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 4 months ago #241141
by bshomer
Replied by bshomer on topic Help with Club Membership and Price management
Thank you both very much for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds