- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 3
Using wildcards
- storeitonline
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 10 months ago #254782
by storeitonline
Using wildcards was created by storeitonline
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.1stopmotoronderdelen.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
I want to setup a discount/coupon for a large number of products.
For me it would be fairly easy if it was possible to use a wildcard to select the products in the discount/coupon product field, but it looks as if thast is not possible.
Is there a way to do this within hikashop itself ?
I already have a workaround in my mind, by creating a specific category, and running a database query to add the intended products (by wildcard) to that category, but I would prefer the possibility of doing through hikashop backend itself.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.4
I want to setup a discount/coupon for a large number of products.
For me it would be fairly easy if it was possible to use a wildcard to select the products in the discount/coupon product field, but it looks as if thast is not possible.
Is there a way to do this within hikashop itself ?
I already have a workaround in my mind, by creating a specific category, and running a database query to add the intended products (by wildcard) to that category, but I would prefer the possibility of doing through hikashop backend itself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254788
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Using wildcards
Hi,
A wildcard ?!
I am afraid that I don't understand what you mean or what you want to achieve.
I clearly don't see what would be the goal of a wildcard.
Please notice that the link between the coupon/discount and the product is made by the "product id".
Otherwise, you you can apply coupons/discounts on categories ; which is really useful to affect a large bunch of products.
And it will be the recommended method if you have a large number of product to link with the coupon/discount.
Regards,
A wildcard ?!
I am afraid that I don't understand what you mean or what you want to achieve.
I clearly don't see what would be the goal of a wildcard.
Please notice that the link between the coupon/discount and the product is made by the "product id".
Otherwise, you you can apply coupons/discounts on categories ; which is really useful to affect a large bunch of products.
And it will be the recommended method if you have a large number of product to link with the coupon/discount.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- storeitonline
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 3
9 years 10 months ago #254835
by storeitonline
Replied by storeitonline on topic Using wildcards
I would like to give a discount/coupon only on products that have a product_code starting with 'abc'.
So in the product restrictions I would like to insert 'abc*' so all products starting with 'abc' would be valid for that discount/coupon.
So in the product restrictions I would like to insert 'abc*' so all products starting with 'abc' would be valid for that discount/coupon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 10 months ago #254836
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Using wildcards
Hi,
There is no such option.
If you're a developer, you can develop a small HikaShop plugin and implement the coupon API in order to check the coupon code yourself in the plugin.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...entation.html#coupon
There is no such option.
If you're a developer, you can develop a small HikaShop plugin and implement the coupon API in order to check the coupon code yourself in the plugin.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...entation.html#coupon
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds