Skip to main content

How can I add a variant to a coupon?

More
9 years 1 month ago #277261 by vanboke
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Both latest Chrome and Firefox

I see that in version 3.1 the feature "You can now select variants for coupons and discounts and not only products" has been added. However, if I go to create a coupon code and want to restrict it to just one variant of a product, all I see in the listing is the entire product.

How do I select a single variant?

I tried multiple browsers in case I was just having an issue with the one I was using (Chrome), or if there was old code cached int he browser.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277263 by vanboke
I have partially answered my own question, however, I have found two issues with this.

I have found that the product can be expanded within the list to show the variants, but ONLY if navigate the category tree and find the product manually. If I start typing the name of the product, to filter the list so that I can find the product faster, it is not expandable. Given that I have a lot of product I always filter the list to make finding products faster.

The second issue is that I did end up selecting the variant properly for the coupon, but the coupon code can't be used. All I get is the error:
Code:
The coupon you entered cannot be used for the products in your cart

I have the correct product variant in the cart, and the correct product variant selected in the coupon. Not sure what the issue is.

Any ideas what is wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277288 by nicolas
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I've added patches for these on our end.
You can download the install package on our website and install it on yours to get the patches and it should then work fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277304 by vanboke
I have downloaded the latest installer and have installed it on my website. Unfortunately, it hasn't fixed either issue. If I filter the product list in the coupon page, I still don't see any way to choose a variant. Added to that the coupon code I do have for the variant still does not work even when the variant is in the cart.

Any other ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #277310 by nicolas
Hi,

Sorry for that. I had forgotten to upload the packages after generating them... Please try again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #277683 by vanboke
I have redownloaded and installed again. It is now working properly. Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #277685 by Jerome
Hello,

Please clarify.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #277800 by vanboke
Nothing to clarify. It is working now. The fix that Nicolas posted worked perfectly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum