Need Moneris and Canada Post integration

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #42217

Is there anyone who can build this integration for me? I have the latest version of HikaShop running on Joomla 2.5.2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 6 days ago #43042

Hi, please check PM, I'm interested to have this module developed too.

12 years 5 days ago #43117

I have asked all the developers I deal with and everyone has said the same thing.

"unfortunately HikaShop isn't written in a way that we can do so.
It has too many internally coded references to core gateways."

This leads me to believe that the HikaShop team should re-think this and do it in a way that does not alienate other developers from hooking in gateways that they do not natively support. Or since you wrote the book on this cart you should offer this service option for those of us who do not use the gateways you have created. Of course that is to say that you also don’t have a problem developing for this extension? This is a real bummer and because of this (and the lack of response to this thread) I am forced to go back to VirtueMart...;(

• Thank you received: 13021
12 years 4 days ago #43224

I've never seen a payment gateway which would not be able to be hooked in HikaShop via a plugin.

We have a specific API for payment plugins so that you can built them without having to do any hacks in HikaShop. If you find more information about that we would be glad to hear it. No one complained so far that the API we provide for payment plugins didn't allow to do a payment plugin and if that payment plugin exists for VirtueMart, I can guarantee that a similar plugin can be built for HikaShop.
We've had several 3rd party developers (more than 10) writing payment plugins for HikaShop with the API you can find in our documentation and no one complained of any shortcomings of the API.

We can also develop ourselves payment plugins although our schedule is quite full at the moment.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin Morrison

12 years 4 days ago #43228

I will forward the API info along and see if maybe their opinions were from an earlier version. The comment I pasted was from Rob at OSDCS.com and he has built quite a few gateways for VirtueMart for me so I know his opinion is not given lightly. This would be a good relationship for you to have with him as his work is first class and everything he has done for me just works without fail.

12 years 4 days ago #43229

I just got a reply back from Rob after forwarding him the links and details about the API and he said

"Looking at the structure here, they've change alot recently. We can most likely develop this gateway."

So I am in business, thanks for the feedback Nicolas...;)

12 years 3 days ago #43396

So will you have Post Canada module developed? If yes, how much would it cost to get a copy?
Thank

12 years 3 days ago #43407

Hey Tiger I will reply to you private, my client does not have time to waste with this beta cart so we are going back to VM but I will pass along the info to you.

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 1 day ago #43608

Really funny when most VM users like me (since VM first version) have migrated to Hikashop and Aceshop cause VM is a beta even nowadays.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-comme...aWthc2hvcCI7fQ%3D%3D

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/e-commerce/shopping-cart/129

Virtuemart is the worst e-commerce solution nowadays for Joomla and I really liked their V1.x version and used it for my shop.

Last edit: 12 years 1 day ago by manuxx.

12 years 18 hours ago #43740

I looked at VM (latest version) and could not agree more that Hikashop has much more potential,

12 years 18 hours ago #43742

Potential does not make it valuable and anyone who thinks that anything developed for Joomla is NOT beta software is blind to the facts!

12 years 17 hours ago #43755

Would VM not fall into that same catagory?

12 years 17 hours ago #43757

Absolutely, when I say everything I mean everything! However just for the fact that VM is so much older than HS it has to be given some credit for that.

12 years 8 hours ago #43777

The difference between Hikashop and VM a part from the obvious lacking of features in VM compared to Hikashop is that VM is actually a unstable beta full of bugs which will require a lot of effort to set up a basic shop while on Hikashop you already have a stable version which they keep improving and you can easily set up a shop.

VM has been around for years and has a lot of modules and 3rd party extensions due to the popularity of it's older versions but that doesn't make their actual version good.

So no, Hikashop is not a beta Sir but a stable e-commerce solution.

Regards

Last edit: 12 years 8 hours ago by manuxx.

11 years 8 months ago #57998

VM is a terrible solution and I hate to use it as well. HikariShop is a much better solution. However, if I can't setup Canada Post to work with the store that I am building for a client, I can say that I almost have no choice but to go the VM route because there are already plugins built for it in Canada Post.

11 years 8 months ago #58001

You should go with a more suitable solution than VM or Hikashop, I'm trying OpenCart and I love it.

11 years 8 months ago #58003

We actually developed a Canada Post shipping plugin for HikaShop on our end but we need to do tests on it before we can release it. However, we couldn't get an account from Canada Post.
If someone would be willing to provide one, we could move forward on that.

11 years 8 months ago #58006

Hi Nicolas,

I can provide such an account. can you please email me at johnzhu [at@] me[dot.]com and I would love to take part and help to get the ball rolling.

John

11 years 8 months ago #58007

Mohamed of the development team will contact you tomorrow as he is the one who worked on it. Thank you for your offer !

11 years 7 months ago #58525

Hi there,

I had sent all details to my Canada Post account to Mohamed. Please let me know if there are anything not working. I will do everything I can to get this to work. Thanks so much.

John

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds