Affiliate connection via coupon

• Thank you received: 7
6 years 8 months ago #276844

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5

Hi,

Is it possible to make a permanent connection between a customer and an affiliate via a coupon code? I understand at present an affiliate can be rewarded if a customer uses a coupon, but that only happens when the coupon is used. I need to be able to make a permanent association between a new customer and an affiliate if the affiliate's coupon is used - I wouldn't have thought that should be too hard to do, another checkbox on the coupon form and some extra code when the coupon is processed, but not sure where to look. Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 8 months ago #276851

Hi,

I'm sorry but I don't see the difference between the coupon "Force affiliation to" setting and what you want to do.
So I can't say much more, could you try explaning again ?

6 years 8 months ago #276895

Hi Nicolas,

As I understand it, the current setting will give the affiliate commission on the order the coupon is used on, but it won't setup a permanent link between the customer and the affiliate, so having introduced the customer with the incentive of a coupon any future orders that customer makes won't earn the affiliate commission. We would like it so that all future orders ( if this is a new customer ) earn the affiliate who issued the coupon commission. Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Ian

6 years 7 months ago #276899

Hi,

Ah, I see what you mean now.
That makes sense but only with the "add partner to user account" setting i activated.
There is no code to handle that right now but we'll add that for the next release in order to be consistent between that option and the affiliate leads either coming from the referer or a coupon code.

6 years 7 months ago #277068

That's great news, thank you Nicolas, we look forward to it.

Ian

• Thank you received: 35
4 years 7 months ago #310905

Hi Nicolas,

nicolas wrote: Hi,There is no code to handle that right now but we'll add that for the next release in order to be consistent between that option and the affiliate leads either coming from the referer or a coupon code.

Has this feature been added ?
Please, Where can I find it ?

4 years 7 months ago #310964

Hi,

Yes, it's been added 2 years ago, as I was saying.
As long as you have the "Add partner to user account during registration" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration, and that you selected a partner in your coupon "Force affiliation to" setting, the partner will be linked to the customer account and further orders of the customer will trigger a fee for the partner of the coupon.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds