Product added to cart popup.
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #206200
by iedwards
Product added to cart popup. was created by iedwards
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
The implementation of the "Product added to cart" popup is awful, I don't know where to start.
I have tried switching the popup off but then there is no message at all, I thought I might get a normal system message but this isn't generated.
I realise some of this may be down to my template, but popups are used elsewhere on my site without problems
I had thought my shop was pretty much ready to go at the start of this week but now more irritating snags to sort out.
Regards,
Ian
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a
The implementation of the "Product added to cart" popup is awful, I don't know where to start.
- Out of the box with my template the popup displays with a vertical scrollbar and clips the bottom of the buttons I've found a thread where this was mentioned two years ago but doesn't seem to have been resolved without hacking a core file. EDIT the clipping occurs in Firefox but doesn't seem to occur with Chrome
- The popup effectively opens a full joomla page with all the header contents etc and so is quite slow to load.
- I would expect it to tell you which product had been added to the cart (isn't that the point of it, to confirm what the customer has just done?)
- It doesn't actually look very nice.
- It's not responsive and for some bizarre reason on a smaller screen (phone or tablet) it fills the full screen.
I have tried switching the popup off but then there is no message at all, I thought I might get a normal system message but this isn't generated.
I realise some of this may be down to my template, but popups are used elsewhere on my site without problems
I had thought my shop was pretty much ready to go at the start of this week but now more irritating snags to sort out.
Regards,
Ian
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by iedwards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 3 months ago #206211
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product added to cart popup.
Hi,
- To avoid the scrollbar in the popup, you can change the size of the popup via Configuration > Main > Cart "Add to cart popup size".
- Please give us a link to your website to check what's happening. Do you have edited the view "checkout / notice" ?
And increase the popup duration time, it will be easier for us to check.
- This will require the edition of the view "checkout / notice", and potentially get the cart content and display the latest added product.
- www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
- Using media queries will allow you to have a better responsive design.
- To avoid the scrollbar in the popup, you can change the size of the popup via Configuration > Main > Cart "Add to cart popup size".
- Please give us a link to your website to check what's happening. Do you have edited the view "checkout / notice" ?
And increase the popup duration time, it will be easier for us to check.
- This will require the edition of the view "checkout / notice", and potentially get the cart content and display the latest added product.
- www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
- Using media queries will allow you to have a better responsive design.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iedwards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 2 months ago #206585
by iedwards
Replied by iedwards on topic Product added to cart popup.
Hi Xavier,
Thanks, I hadn't spotted that configuration setting.
No I haven't edited the view checkout notice, I'll investigate that.
The site is on it's live server waiting to switch DNS from an existing site, I am accessing it via an over ride in my hosts file. I can live with it for now and will update this post when it's live.
I've used media queries extensively elsewhere, just wasn't expecting a simple popup to be a problem.
Thanks,
Ian
Thanks, I hadn't spotted that configuration setting.
No I haven't edited the view checkout notice, I'll investigate that.
The site is on it's live server waiting to switch DNS from an existing site, I am accessing it via an over ride in my hosts file. I can live with it for now and will update this post when it's live.
I've used media queries extensively elsewhere, just wasn't expecting a simple popup to be a problem.
Thanks,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds