Checkout not working (last step)

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 6 months ago #280030

-- url of the page with the problem -- : babsie.be
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.24
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : no error message

The last step of my checkout does not seem to work anymore ... it used to work but it stopped (maybe due to an update I did).
The button at the end of the checkout seems to do nothing ... I keep ending up at the same page, no mails, no registration of the order ... nothing ...
Could you please help?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by yvesvo. Reason: added image of checkout workflow configuration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #280051

It seems to be working now ... I had to throw out the old custom frontend CSS and rebuild it from the newer one ... that was unpleasant. I also had to change the legacy settings ..."checkout legacy" to no ...
but now it seems the BPost plugin is not working (I don't get the choice screen I used to get) and at the end of the checkout I get the message "A plugin cancelled the update of the order product without displaying any error message." ... I'm thinking it's either the payment plugin or the bpost plugin.
I only use the paypal plugin (not in this checkout though) and the pay by transfer plugin (this sale) for the payment plugins and the BPost plugin for the shipment.

Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by yvesvo. Reason: forgot to mention the legacy settings ...

6 years 6 months ago #280057

ok ... I either get the BPost plugin to work but break the checkout completely (I get a message stating that the shopping basket is empty ... right before the end of the checkout workflow) OR I get the whole process working but not the BPost plugin ... in that case it works only once ... the second time I try this I get the message "A plugin cancelled the update of the order product without displaying any error message." ...
I would really like to get this to work properly ...

6 years 6 months ago #280109

Since this thread has been reduced to a problem in a shipping plugin I've opened another thread as a follow-up to this one ... I hope I get it solved in the end ...
www.hikashop.com/forum/shipping-methods/...ide-legacy-mode.html

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 6 months ago #280095

Hi,

As the BPost API is quite peculiar compared to other shipping services, we've have to develop the BPost shipping plugin in a one that is closely linked to the old checkout of HikaShop, from before HikaShop 3's new checkout.
So it doesn't suprises me that the plugin has issues with the new checkout of HikaShop.

Unfortunately, to be able to make it work with HikaShop 3's new checkout will require more than a small patch here and there but some redevelopment, with proper testing etc.
First, this will take some time, and it will also require having test credentials in order to be able to do the testing.
The testing credentials had been provided before by the Joomla project as we developed that plugin first for them. However, we can't use them anymore.
Would you be able to provide the necessary test credentials for us to be able to work on that ?

In the mean time, I can only recommend using the legacy checkout if you need to use the BPost shipping plugin.

6 years 6 months ago #280165

I do have credentials you can use ... I will send them over to you in a private message.
As for the using legacy mode in order to use it ... as I mentioned before ... that does not seem to work anymore ...
Whenever I switch back to legacy mode I get a message before the end of the checkout workflow stating the shopping cart is empty OR I get the first problem I mentioned ... that the final button would not function ... so that does not seem to be an option...

6 years 6 months ago #280171

Hi,

The legacy checkout is working fine for us. So we would need precise instructions and backend access to be able to look into your issue with it.
I'll have a look at the BPost plugin with the information you provided.

6 years 6 months ago #280346

Hi,

We were able to reproduce the problem and developed a fix so that the cart wouldn't be empty after the BPost popup with the legacy checkout.
Please try again with this version and report any remaining issue with details of the situation.

File Attachment:

File Name: bpost.zip
File Size:5 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yvesvo

6 years 6 months ago #280378

It seems to work fine now ... thanks ... will there (ever) be a version of the bpost delivery plugin that does not need legacy checkout or will we allways need to use the legacy checkout?

6 years 6 months ago #280381

Hi,

I can't say for now.
While it could be a good idea to implement it for the new checkout, since it requires a complete rewrite of the plugin, it's a lot of work.
We also don't plan on ditching the legacy checkout, it's just that the new features we'll add to the checkout in the future won't be added to the legacy checkout.
For example, the modification of the email for guest customers is something we've added to the new checkout but not to the legacy one.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds