Custom Field

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
4 years 5 months ago #312935

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.24

Hi

I have a client that requires a custom field so that people can select a package option. I added it to the address table. All good but when logged in it does not show. It is probably the incorrect table? if you add a product to the cart and then go to checkout you will see what am trying to achieve!

What I am trying to achieve is the option to allow a customer to select additional packaging or not when placing the order. I tried adding it to the product table but it does not show on the page. Please note I am not looking to create an extra shipping option, merely a custom radio button with the 2 options. This needs to be available to existing registered customers as well.

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 5 months ago #312939

Hi,

A custom address field will be displayed when you're registering or when you're entering a new address or when you're editing an address.
If you're already logged in and already have an address, then the custom address field won't be displayed at all during the checkout.
So that's not what you want to use.
Instead, you want to create a custom field of the table "order" via the menu Display>Custom fields. Note that this is only possible with the Business edition of HikaShop.
The custom order fields will be displayed on your checkout by the "fields" view of your checkout workflow (that you can configure via the Checkout tab of the Hikashop configuration).

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 5 months ago #313041

Hi

thanks for the reply.

If I was to create it as a product then add it as an option to the existing products is there a way to do add it to all products via a mass action?

Dave B)

4 years 5 months ago #313045

Hi,

If you want to do it for each product, you want to create a custom field of the table "item" (which requires HikaShop Business). In that case, the custom field will appear before the 'add to cart' button on the product details page. By default the custom field will appear for all the products, but you can restrict it to some products only thanks to the categories or the products restriction setting in the field settings page.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 5 months ago #313079

Hi

what I had in mind was to create them as 2 products and use as product option (Packaging Yes or Packaging No). There is no charge for those. I then wondered if there was a way to use a mass action to add the options to all products rather than doing it manually for each product.

Thanks

Dave B)

• Thank you received: 611
4 years 5 months ago #313083

Hello,

This kind of mass actions settings will do the trick :

regards

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Philip.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 5 months ago #313231

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Client is now asking if it can b applied only to products in certain categories?

The value I assume would be the product option name?

Thanks

Dave B)

4 years 5 months ago #313247

Hi,

Yes. You can use a filter "Category columns" in your mass action with the category_name column equal to the name of your category.
And in that case, the mass action will only apply to the products in that category.
Note that you can only specify one category. So you would have to run the mass action several times, changing the category name each time if you want to do it for several categories.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds