Checkout without Registration - free version

• Thank you received: 1
3 years 11 months ago #318493

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ceciliehjorth.com/hikashop-menu-for-...sting/checkout/cid-1
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.18

Hi Everyone

So I have spend hours trying to solve this problem... I have set up hikashop, free version, and when I go to the cart and want to checkout, there is no place to enter shipping nor billing address and when I click finish, it says error because it needs the address. But there is no place to add it.

I have

tried adding the login and registration but it was a big mess. First a customer has to register, which they have to confirm through an email, then I have to confirm their registration. No way, I want my clients to go and checkout immediately, but I want to do it without registration if possible. Can someone help please, there must be a way to do this with the free version, otherwise what is the point of having a free version after all.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
3 years 11 months ago #318500

Hi,

Guest checkout is a feature of HikaShop Essential and Business. You can activate it after setting the "Registration" setting to "Guest" under the "Checkout" tab of the Hikashop configuration page.

Now for your issue, you need to add back the "login" view in your checkout workflow.
Then, I would recommend to turn off the new account activation setting of the Joomla user manager options page.
That way, the users won't have to activate the account after the registration and will be auto logged in after the registration form so it will be almost as simple as with a guest form (they'll just have the name, username and password fields to fill in on top of the other fields which are also there with the guest checkout).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds