- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
12 years 6 months ago #147790
by renew
diff. prices of several height-width-combinations was created by renew
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
Hello,
I am quite new within hikashop and I have got an important question:
I would like to sell windows with hikashop and the price depends on the window-size (height and width).
How can I add these prices?
Can I add a kind of price table fpr example, which show the prices of each combination of height and width?
Working with variants (each width and height in mm) is a problem, because you get several thousand combinations...
What could be my solution?
THANK YOU SO MUCH
PS: Hope this is the correct forum-category...
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5
Hello,
I am quite new within hikashop and I have got an important question:
I would like to sell windows with hikashop and the price depends on the window-size (height and width).
How can I add these prices?
Can I add a kind of price table fpr example, which show the prices of each combination of height and width?
Working with variants (each width and height in mm) is a problem, because you get several thousand combinations...
What could be my solution?
THANK YOU SO MUCH
PS: Hope this is the correct forum-category...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago #147837
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
Hi,
The solutions will be to :
1. Restrict your characteristics values and for example have for your width characteristics the values : [100 - 150] cm [150 - 200] cm
Or
2. Another solution can be to :
- Install and publish the plugin named "HikaShopCustom Quantity plugin"
- Create 2 custom fields from the "Item" table named "width" and "length" through "Hikashop->Display->Custom Fields->'New'" , and publish them for the front-end.
The solutions will be to :
1. Restrict your characteristics values and for example have for your width characteristics the values : [100 - 150] cm [150 - 200] cm
Or
2. Another solution can be to :
- Install and publish the plugin named "HikaShopCustom Quantity plugin"
- Create 2 custom fields from the "Item" table named "width" and "length" through "Hikashop->Display->Custom Fields->'New'" , and publish them for the front-end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #148593
by renew
Replied by renew on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
Thank you Mohamed!
Solution 1, doesn't work because those steps a tou rough. I need 1 cm-steps.
And sorry, I don't understand solutions 2. It creates new fields right? But what is this plugin doing, because creating new fields was possible without that plugin, too. Where is the calculation, that gives me prices for each combination of height and width?
I think i have to add an own price-table for each product. Where can i do that?
Thank you so much!
Edit: The plugin is shown in the joomla-plugins-section now, but not in hikashop-plugins (in system-configuration). Is that correct?
Solution 1, doesn't work because those steps a tou rough. I need 1 cm-steps.
And sorry, I don't understand solutions 2. It creates new fields right? But what is this plugin doing, because creating new fields was possible without that plugin, too. Where is the calculation, that gives me prices for each combination of height and width?
I think i have to add an own price-table for each product. Where can i do that?
Thank you so much!
Edit: The plugin is shown in the joomla-plugins-section now, but not in hikashop-plugins (in system-configuration). Is that correct?
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by renew.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148662
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
Hi,
Yes, you need to create two new fields which will appear on the product page.
That plugin takes the values entered by the user and multiply them with the product price.
So if you enter 10*10 in the fields and that the price is 2€ you'll get a product price of 200€ in the cart.
It's normal that the plugin doesn't show in System>Configuration as it's not a default HikaShop plugin.
Yes, you need to create two new fields which will appear on the product page.
That plugin takes the values entered by the user and multiply them with the product price.
So if you enter 10*10 in the fields and that the price is 2€ you'll get a product price of 200€ in the cart.
It's normal that the plugin doesn't show in System>Configuration as it's not a default HikaShop plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #148663
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
The plugin will only allow you to change the price of your product by using the value of your 2 custom fields :
so if you have :
- length = 1
- width = 2
- quantity = 1
Your final quantity will be equals to 2, so it will be your final price will be equals to : price * 2
Code:
$quantity = $quantity*$product->length*$product->width;
- length = 1
- width = 2
- quantity = 1
Your final quantity will be equals to 2, so it will be your final price will be equals to : price * 2
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148664
by renew
Replied by renew on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
Thank you for your fast answer... I am sorry, but this plugin doesn't help. I think it is good for products like flooring, for which you have to calculate a size of an area in squaremeters for example.
I need it for windows. For example I have 4 prices:
One fpr...
-narrow and flat windows
-narrow and high windows
-wide and flat windows
-wide and high windows
I have to define that a narrow window is 100cm-150cm and a wide one is 151cm-200cm
and that a flat window is 70cm-90cm and a high one is 91cm-110cm.
Each combination has a speacial price, but I don't want to show the combinations as variants.
The user should enter a number for his own as height and width and hikashop then should check in a table the price for this combination.
Do you know what i mean? How can I do that?
THANK YOU!!!
I need it for windows. For example I have 4 prices:
One fpr...
-narrow and flat windows
-narrow and high windows
-wide and flat windows
-wide and high windows
I have to define that a narrow window is 100cm-150cm and a wide one is 151cm-200cm
and that a flat window is 70cm-90cm and a high one is 91cm-110cm.
Each combination has a speacial price, but I don't want to show the combinations as variants.
The user should enter a number for his own as height and width and hikashop then should check in a table the price for this combination.
Do you know what i mean? How can I do that?
THANK YOU!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148712
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
Yes, I understand.
As we said, that plugin has a particular formula which is price = price in product * height * length.
If you want something more complex, the code of the plugin will have to be changed to adapt to what you want.
If you need a formula which uses price ranges in the database, that will require more heavy modifications of the plugin but that's still possible albeit more complex.
In that case, I would recommend to contact our partners for a quote on the project:
polishedgeek.com/
tcp-innovation.fr/
www.makedifferent.fr/
Or to find a developer via our commercial jobs forum, joomlancers.com or resources.joomla.org
As we said, that plugin has a particular formula which is price = price in product * height * length.
If you want something more complex, the code of the plugin will have to be changed to adapt to what you want.
If you need a formula which uses price ranges in the database, that will require more heavy modifications of the plugin but that's still possible albeit more complex.
In that case, I would recommend to contact our partners for a quote on the project:
polishedgeek.com/
tcp-innovation.fr/
www.makedifferent.fr/
Or to find a developer via our commercial jobs forum, joomlancers.com or resources.joomla.org
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148903
by renew
Replied by renew on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
Ni Nicolas,
just to be sure:
I don't consist of this plugin. This was your idea
For me any other solution would be fine!
Do you have any other idea to solve my problem?
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH
just to be sure:
I don't consist of this plugin. This was your idea
For me any other solution would be fine!
Do you have any other idea to solve my problem?
THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148927
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic diff. prices of several height-width-combinations
Hi,
I don't. What you want is something to get the price based on a custom database of prices. That can't be done in a standard manner since your database of prices is different than other's so besides adding custom code in a price override plugin like explained in our previous messages, I on't see another solution.
I don't. What you want is something to get the price based on a custom database of prices. That can't be done in a standard manner since your database of prices is different than other's so besides adding custom code in a price override plugin like explained in our previous messages, I on't see another solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds