Selling ebooks

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319283

I have running shop with books. Now I want to sell ebooks to. But few problems ocur.
We have set:
- guest checkout, no user registration
- no weight for products (Force shipping regardless of weight - yes)

1. As I understand, I must set weight to phisical products to corectly show shipping (an set Force shipping regardless of weight - no)?
2. Will buyer be able to download ebook without user account?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 11 months ago #319289

Hi,

1. That's correct. That way, the shipping address interface and the shipping method interface will only display if there is at least one product with a weight in the cart.

2. Yes no problem. Downloads are available to guest checkout users too after the purchase. A special unique token will be generated and added to the download link to guarantee that the links can't be found by anyone else.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mojweb

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 11 months ago #319333

More questions.
1. Now customer get mail with download link (trigered by confirm or shipped status). This link is somehow not so obvious to customer.
Is there any option to use some other mail or customization, (now just get confirm or shipped mail).
eg
Your file is ready to download - klick here

2. If I want to sell one book in 2 formats (epub and pdf), I gues I just upload + file?

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 11 months ago #319340

Hi,

1. Another email is not possible easily (unless you develop a whole plugin, and in that case, supposing you're a developer, you can use the onAfterOrderUpdate trigger in your plugin to do your own code after an order's status is changed to "confirmed" and send the email).
I would recommend to simply edit the email in the menu System>Emails and customize the area where the link is added in order to make it more obvious. There, you'll find the tag {LINEVAR:PRODUCT_DOWNLOAD} you can add some extra HTML tags around it with some CSS to make it bigger, bold, etc.

2. Yeah, either you upload each file in the same "ebook" variant, or you actually create an extra variant so that you get three choices (paper, epub or pdf) instead of two (paper and ebook).

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds