Recaptcha missing on password reset form

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 4 months ago #284493

-- url of the page with the problem -- : lambcuts.net
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1

Hi - I'm using recaptcha and it works perfectly on my customer registration form. I just noticed that when you want to reset your password, an error pops up that says the recaptcha was entered incorrectly. But there is no visible recaptcha displayed.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 4 months ago #284498

Hi,

The captcha plugin we provide isn't supposed to do anything on the password reset form. It doesn't on my end.
Please unpublish the plugin and try again. If you still get the error, it means that it comes from another captcha system.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #293182

Hi I am having a similar issue to this - I have recaptcha 2 for hikashop working fine on my registration page, but if a customer has forgotten their password and clicks the link for "forgotten your password" or "forgotten your username" that they both require a captcha code to be entered, but there is no field or captcha there to complete.
I have found the captcha to be extremely fiddly - I have 3 plugins :

Captcha - ReCaptcha
HikaShop ReCaptcha v2
ReCaptcha on forms

Only the Hikashop one is enabled because if I enable either of the other 2, the hikashop one stops working. With the top one enabled the password/username reminder captchas work but yeah as i said, the hikashop one stops working.
Do you know what I might be doing wrong?

5 years 10 months ago #293184

Hi,

This problem is not a HikaShop problem. If you have a recaptcha error on the "forgotten your password" or "forgotten your username" forms, then it comes from the recaptcha system in Joomla or another third party recaptcha system.
Make sure that you don't have recaptcha activated for the main captcha setting of the Joomla configuration:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=724230

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 10 months ago #293206

It just seems like it is having the hikashop recaptcha enabled that breaks it all. The recaptcha for forgot password/username works fine with the default joomla recaptcha plugin enabled, but then the hikashop one doesn't work. The hikashop one only works if i have no other captcha plugins enabled... which means i can't enable the one that makes the captcha on forgot password/username work. No default captcha is specified in the joomla configuration.
I thought maybe you would know if it is because the security keys are the same or something like that.

5 years 10 months ago #293239

Hi,

It's not that.
If you have both joomla and HikaShop recaptcha plugin, then when you are on the HikaShop registration page, only HikaShop's recaptcha plugin displays its captcha, since Joomla plugin doesn't support HikaShop's registration page.
However, when the user account is created, both plugins are triggered by the user creation process and the Joomla captcha plugin displays an error because its captcha wasn't displayed / validated on HikaShop's registration page.
So you want only HikaShop's recaptcha plugin.
Now, the fact that you have an error message regarding the captcha on the forgot your username/password pages is not something handled by HikaShop. So you have to fix that. You must have enabled something at some point to do that and it's not in HikaShop.
I would recommend posting about that on the Joomla forum so that someone who knows better joomla's recaptcha system can tell you where to look exactly.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds