Fake Usunts

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #329836

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.24

So short and to the point here...

I'm getting a ton of fake accounts, from various IP's addresses. As such, I made sure my captcha was working (the HikaShop provided plugin), and it is...

So I've gone into my Google Recaptcha settings and changed it to maximum, so it would display the tiles you have to select rather than the medium setting where it just detects if you're a bot or not. I've waited 2 days, and the tiles still do not show up, which I find odd, and cannot find an answer to.

Issue #2 - The bots over the last few days have become more and more, so I would like to try somehow to resolve this...maybe it will work, maybe not.

I did search, and I found some info here...

www.hikashop.com/forum/install-update/90...g-hacked.html#329814

But that doesn't really help with the above issue. I'd like to not try the OS Spam-O-Not thing as I don't want to lose customers, so is there a way to resolve the Captcha issue with the tils not showing, or is there something else that can be done to resolve this?

I also do not want the user to have to self activate. I had that setup before, and sadly...people just did not understand that step and tried to sign in immediately after registering, so I was getting a lot of "I just registered and it says I'm blocked" emails...and turning that feature off fixed it...but yes, that would have helped.

Thank you

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Dragon41673.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
3 years 1 month ago #329903

Hi,

1. It's Google which selects what to display (a checkbox, nothing, the tiles check) based on your Google Recaptcha account settings and the behavior of the user on the page.
There is nothing you can do on your website to change that.
The best you can do is to activate the "invisible" mode so that by default it doesn't display anything if the user is trusted by Google (for example, if he is logged with his Google user account for GMail, Youtube, etc).

2. I've already listed the different things you can do on that other thread. Unfortunately, I don't have a magic bullet here. If I had, I would have added it on our own website since we're also getting spam accounts even though we have email validation AND Recaptcha.

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 month ago #329904

No problem...thank you very much Nicolas. I appreciate you getting back to me

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds