Error on registration: The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 11 months ago #332513

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.27
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect

My client recieved an email from a customer who was unable to create an account on the website. This customer keeps getting the "The CAPTCHA solution was incorrect" error.

After some digging, i found this customer is trying to create an account via the login module: create an account. This leads to the Hikashop registration form, but the captcha plugin is not showing any captcha here. The captcha solution is indeed incorrect, because it's not there at all.

If however the customer adds something to his cart and wants to register during the checkout process, the captcha is shown and working and the customer is able to register.

Am i forgetting something here??

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by verzameldwerk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 11 months ago #332517

Hi,

I see ReCaptcha neither on your checkout nor on your registration form page. Are you sure you have our ReCaptcha plugin installed and configured ?
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...-with-recaptcha.html
Joomla comes with its own ReCaptcha plugin but it's not compatible with HikaShop so it would explain that error if you were using this one instead of ours. But in that case, you would get the same error on the checkout registration form.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of your recaptcha plugin ?

Also, I see that you have a Recaptcha on your newsletter subscription module at the bottom of the pages. Maybe there is some kind of conflict ?

• Hikashop Business
2 years 11 months ago #332546

This is a live site, so i disabled the plugin for now so users can as least register...that's why you're not seeing anything. When i enable the plugin and set it to visible, i see the captcha on checkout registration but not on the account registration. I also made sure everything was up to date, but that's not helping either.

The recaptcha in the footer is always there, so if there was a conflict then it should conflict on checkout registration too right?

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 11 months ago #332564

Hi,

Yes. I understand. But without being able to reproduce the issue it's hard to provide much help.
Maybe it could come from a view override in templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/user/ which would prevent the plugin from being able to add itself to the registration form page. However, your registration form page looks pretty standard so I don't think it's that either.
Maybe you have an old version of the Recaptcha plugin ? It's not linked to the update the system of Joomla, so it won't tell you if you're really up to date or not. Try downloading again the install package of the recaptcha plugin on our website and installing it again on yours. That way, you'll be sure you have the latest version.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 11 months ago #332650

I'll check for the template overwrite, but i am sure i have the latest version of the plugin because i already downloaded it and installed it again.

Edit: You were right! There was template overwrite apparently. It wasn't doing anything, because nothing was ever changed here, but because the template was there it was used nonetheless and because it had old code, the captcha couldn't be placed. I removed the template and now it's working. Thank you!

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by verzameldwerk.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds