Amend Order Email Empty

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
2 years 10 months ago #332774

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26

Hi

The client has an option for users to amend their orders and then receives an admin email when this happens. However a blank email is being sent. There is no order number or any other reference to which order it relates too. The last email just stated cancel order as per screenshot. Not sure where this email can be adjusted?

Thanks

David

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
2 years 10 months ago #332776

Hi,

Not sure where that email comes from.
Two things I would recommend to look into first:
- in the Clients->Email history menu, you'll see all the emails sent through HikaShop. So if the email goes through HikaShop, you'll see it there, and you might get some useful information about it.
- This email might be linked to the "order cancel" email which is by default in HikaShop and will be sent to the admin when the customer clicks on the button to cancel his order, when that capability is activated, based on the order statuses enabled under the "cancellable" column of the System>Order statuses menu. So maybe deactivating the "order cancel" email in the System>Email menu could help ?

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 10 months ago #332802

Hi

this email was triggered by the client using the Amend Order from the user control panel.

I think I have found the issue, the hidden menu item goes to a contact form on the site which is outside of Hikashop. So is there a way to automatically add the information into the email?

David

2 years 10 months ago #332806

Hi,

There is no "Amend Order" button in HikaShop.
And I don't know how that contact form sends that email. So I'm afraid I can't provide any useful information here :/
It seems that you're talking about some custom development that was made on your end and thus that would have to be done by the developer who added that customization. Or you would have to hire another developer to look at the situation so that he can either modify the code sending the email or tell you how to do.

• Hikashop Essential
2 years 10 months ago #332861

Hi Nicolas

the amend option was added as a button by me. The button take you to a Joomla Contact Form. I may have to look at an alternative form that may be able to pull the data from the database.

Allowing clients to amend orders may be a feature that is worth considering in Hikashop.

Thanks

David

2 years 10 months ago #332864

Hi,

In that case, I would recommend modifying that button to use HikaShop's contact form page (you can create a menu item of the type HikaShop product contact form via the joomla menu manager to ge tthe link to it).
That way, it will use the "contact request" email of HikaShop when the contact form is submitted, and you'll be able to customize it via the System>Emails menu of HikaShop.

Allowing customers to modify orders is not possible.
It would be problematic if the customer removes a product or add one while the payment has already been done.
Now, having such contact button on the order details page, without the need for a customization to add it, is something we could look into and which looks like an interesting idea.

The following user(s) said Thank You: davec

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds