Cart does not clear after checkout AND after time limit for cart retention

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347646

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11

Not sure why, but I just recently noticed that the time for cart retention is not working, and I have carts dating back to over a year. I've been manually deleting them, but this is tedious. I originally had it set to 30 days, but I've changed it to 5 days, and it STILL holds on to carts well after that time limit. Screenshots attached

During this time, I have had 3 customers contact me to complain that previous carts were being loaded while trying to checkout, one of which I had to refund.

What needs to be done to fix this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 3 months ago #347650

Hi,

Your problem is the "frequency" setting.
You've set it to 1 week. This means that the system will only delete old carts once a week.
Also, HikaShop is only deleting 50 carts each time to avoid crashes.

Rather than reducing the "cart retaining period", you should reduce drastically the frequency so that more carts can be handled every day. For example, you could set the frequency to 1 minute so that it would quickly get rid of old carts.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347663

Fantastic I will give that a try thank you!

Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Dragon41673.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347688

So I kept the 5 days for the cart clearing, and dropped the frequency down to 5 minutes yesterday, and after a couple hours, it still wasn't working. Thinking maybe I needed to extend it a bit more, I pushed it up to 30 minutes and let it go over night...it's still not working.

Any other thoughts here? I'm having to manually delete 1400 carts over a year timespan because it isn't doing it on its own.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 3 months ago #347690

Hi,

Note that this mechanism doesn't use the cron, since it wouldn't work with the Starter edition.
It works when you access a page in the backend.
So if you configure it to 5 minutes, it will delete 50 old carts next time you display a page in the backend as long as you displayed the last one more than 5 minutes ago.
And thus, if you don't do anything in your backend (like during the night) it won't do anything.
So with a frequency of 5 minutes, it could delete 1400 carts in a day, but you would have to browse your website backend a lot on that day.

• Hikashop Business
1 year 3 months ago #347693

nicolas wrote: Hi,

It works when you access a page in the backend.

I did not know that...I'll do what I can, thank you!

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds