• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
6 months 3 weeks ago #355650

-- url of the page with the problem -- : bridgenz.co.nz/user/register
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error

Hello, recently a site which has been running Hikashop for years has just started reporting "Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error" when on the User registration page. I have been using the recapcha plugin for Hikashop and it has been working (I think) until recently. I have checked the ReCapcha API Keys and they are valid. I also read that I should configure the recapcha to be after the email and not the address as they is no address fields in the form. This did not make a lot of difference. There was also one other forum post about this but was in French so could not read this.

Any pointers on what to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
6 months 3 weeks ago #355653

Hi,

When I test the registration form on your website, I can see that error message too.
Also, if I check the HTTP request sent by the browser to the server, I can see ReCaptcha adding its captcha data to the form request payload:
i.imgur.com/YsDs3U6.png

I can see that you updated to HikaShop 5.0.0, so maybe it is linked to this, but I don't know why that would be yet.

Also, the error message displayed is one from the plugin when it doesn't know how to handle the response from the ReCaptcha server. Ive just published a new version of the plugin with a better error message display so that we'll know better what is wrong. Please download the new version of the plugin on our website and install it on yours. The error message should change slightly to provide more information on what's going on.

6 months 3 weeks ago #355676

Sorry, I can't find the place on here to download the latest plugin, can you give me a link please?

6 months 2 weeks ago #355697

Hi,

The download link is available on this page:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/223...-with-recaptcha.html

6 months 2 weeks ago #355744

Hi, I have installed the new version and it now gives me this error - "Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error - Project #23182164519 has been deleted." which I assume to mean that the public and private keys used are no longer available in Google Recapcha API. When I look at the public key saved in the HikaShop ReCaptcha v2 plugin it is 6Lcuj74lAAAAACFVlJMLXu5ttxyaFVqknviBq4fJ

On the Google Recapcha API site, I have previously generated V3 keys which match what is in the plugin. Do I need to use a V2 keys for this plugin? I had previously used V2 recapcahe but bots were getting around this. Google themselves say "We detected that your site is not verifying reCAPTCHA tokens. Please see our developer site for more information." so unsure what is the next step.

6 months 2 weeks ago #355749

Hi,

You indeed need to use v2 keys for this plugin. V3 keys are not compatible and that's why you get this error I think.

6 months 2 weeks ago #355754

thanks, all sorted now with a V2 invisible rtecapcha. Hopefully this will keep the spam registrations at bay

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds