- Posts: 431
- Thank you received: 22
Discount info in email notification
6 years 10 months ago #313573
by mojweb
Discount info in email notification was created by mojweb
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
Hello
As I manage to find in older posts it seams hart to show discount in notification emails. Every notification should show discount. Its just simple UX and marketing logic.
So question, how to show discount (not coupon) in notification emails to customer and admin.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.13
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
Hello
As I manage to find in older posts it seams hart to show discount in notification emails. Every notification should show discount. Its just simple UX and marketing logic.
So question, how to show discount (not coupon) in notification emails to customer and admin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313574
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Discount info in email notification
Hi,
The discount information is not stored with the order when the order is created.
So I can't provide a quick/easy solution.
It would require some development to first store that information with the order when it is created before you could add it in the email notifications.
The discount information is not stored with the order when the order is created.
So I can't provide a quick/easy solution.
It would require some development to first store that information with the order when it is created before you could add it in the email notifications.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313635
by mojweb
Replied by mojweb on topic Discount info in email notification
As this is fundamental info for every customer, please include this solution for next releases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 10 months ago #313657
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Discount info in email notification
Hi,
It is added to our todo list.
It is added to our todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340414
by FDBI
Replied by FDBI on topic Discount info in email notification
Hi,
I think it's related so I'm asking my question here :
Is it now possible to display the price before discount (or the discount) in email notifications ?
Because it is indeed quite important and I don't know how to do it.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
I think it's related so I'm asking my question here :
Is it now possible to display the price before discount (or the discount) in email notifications ?
Because it is indeed quite important and I don't know how to do it.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340419
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Discount info in email notification
Hi,
There is no option for that yet.
However, next version of HikaShop, the 4.5.1, will have the information of the discount added to the product entry in the order when it is created.
So you'll be able to add the tag {LINEVAR:PRODUCT_PRICE_BEFORE_DISCOUNT} in your emails in the menu System>Emails to add that information in the emails.
There is no option for that yet.
However, next version of HikaShop, the 4.5.1, will have the information of the discount added to the product entry in the order when it is created.
So you'll be able to add the tag {LINEVAR:PRODUCT_PRICE_BEFORE_DISCOUNT} in your emails in the menu System>Emails to add that information in the emails.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #340480
by FDBI
Replied by FDBI on topic Discount info in email notification
Ok.
Do you have an estimate for the release of this version 4.5.1 ?
[strike]While waiting for this improvement, is there a function I could reuse or should I create a 'helper' (and if yes, should I put it here : \components\com_hikashop\helpers ) ?
I guess I'd have to add something to the com_hikashop/mail/[...].preload.php files in the 'foreach($data->cart->products as $item)' loop.
To sum up, what is the best solution to set this up temporarily ?
It's not a problem if this change is overwritten on the next update or if I have to remove what I would have added.[/strike]
Edit : I made the change. (1 helper created and custom edits for the various emails)
Do you have an estimate for the release of this version 4.5.1 ?
[strike]While waiting for this improvement, is there a function I could reuse or should I create a 'helper' (and if yes, should I put it here : \components\com_hikashop\helpers ) ?
I guess I'd have to add something to the com_hikashop/mail/[...].preload.php files in the 'foreach($data->cart->products as $item)' loop.
To sum up, what is the best solution to set this up temporarily ?
It's not a problem if this change is overwritten on the next update or if I have to remove what I would have added.[/strike]
Edit : I made the change. (1 helper created and custom edits for the various emails)
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by FDBI. Reason: I made the change. (1 helper created and custom edits for the various emails)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #340481
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Discount info in email notification
Hi,
The 4.5.1 should be out in April.
The 4.5.1 should be out in April.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FDBI
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 6 months ago #340534
by FDBI
Replied by FDBI on topic Discount info in email notification
Ok, thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds