Coupon restrictions "Product quantity from" not working

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347185

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hi
As you can see from my subject, there is a problem when I try to apply a restriction on a coupon based on the "Product quantity from".
This bug affect hikashop 4.6.2 and 4.7.0, same problem on php 7.4 and 8.0.

I have create a coupon that is loaded automatically in cart if the quantity of a specific product it is 3.
But the coupon is applied as soon as I add the product to the cart with quantity 1 and even if the quantity is more than 3 the coupon remains active.

And a mention, when I've switched the php version to 8.0, hikashop was significantly slower, I'm not sure if it was a real thing or not, I didn't investigated too much, but adding a product to the basket was taking longer.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 4 months ago #347188

Hi,

Please activate the "coupon percentage applies " setting of the coupon and try again.

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347203

Unfortunately, is not working.
That option was activated before, what you saw in my first screenshot it was after I've tried to fix it.
I did what you said anyway, just to be sure, but is not working.

Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago #347219

Hi,

Thank you for the extra details. I was able to reproduce the issue locally and added a patch on our end.
Download again the install package of the 4.7.0 on our website and install it on yours and you'll get the patch for that issue.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 4 months ago #347764

Same problem here, I updated to 4.7 two days ago and the coupon based on quantity was not working anymore (it was applied ion orders that didn't match the settings - so our client lost some income on that).
Nice that you have a fix, but can you please add a new version number if a bug is fixed?? If you had done that, I would have known that there was a new update to download (I had downloaded the update package earlier, so I got the one with the bug in it). I think that is why software packages have version numbers?
Thanks.

(not the first time is was like this, some time ago same problem, the update I downloaded had a bug, it was fixed but the version number didn't change...)

1 year 4 months ago #347765

Hi,

We add fixes in HikaShop every day. We can't make a new release every day. Web agencies would complain that their customer keep bugging them to update HikaShop on their website.
So unless it is a critical bug, we only add the patch as a hot fix, without changing the version number. Merchants would still get the patch a few weeks later, when we do the official release.
This also has the added benefit of getting feedback on a reduced quantity of merchants before rolling out a new release. That allows us sometimes to avoid side effects of fixes for most. That way, people updating their HikaShop without testing the update on a copy of their website have a lot less chance of getting a critical bug.

Now, if you are worried you don't have all the latest fixes, I can only recommend you to update HikaShop every day. But I don't think it's a practical solution. It will take up your time, and you might have more issues than before since the latest patches would have been less tested by others.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds