IMPORTANT - Hide main language for translations

• Thank you received: 8
9 years 10 months ago #155449

Hi there B)

Its been a week I am corresponding with Faboba to solve issues with falang and hikashop.
Today I'm being told that the options for hiding the translation flags is in hikashop code.

Because any translation in the main language can cause errors it is of the upmost importance to have an option to show/hide the site default language in administration.

The actual option is show/hide all.

This way errors can be avoided in the administration but also avoided in the front edition edition by vendors in hikamarket.

Double post maybe :whistle: , but see also here: 155451

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by pprle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 10 months ago #155454

Hi,

Once the translation won't be accessible in Falang we will remove it from HikaShop/HikaMarket.
In Joomfish, some people were complaining to not be able to edit the translations they made in the Joomfish backend, so we added the main language to let them access to every elements that they could edit in the backend.
Otherwise, they could create a translation in the joomfish/falang backend and they don't see it (and don't have the possibility to edit it) in HikaShop/HikaMarket.

It is like that for many years in HikaShop for the integration of Joomfish (and so Falang).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

9 years 10 months ago #155458

Hi Jerome,

I do not understand:
"Once the translation won't be accessible in Falang we will remove it from HikaShop/HikaMarket."

I'm not sure neither you fully understand my post/request.
In hikashop -> configuration -> languages there is an option 'Activate the edition of content in multiple languages'
It is important to keep this option on "Yes" to let vendors translate their product from the front-end in hikamarket.
But it is confusing that the main language has also a translation flag; can't you set an option to hide the main language?
Like faboba explained the main language should not be translated in the main language :silly: :silly: that is obvious... so why display this main language flag???
Letting this flag visible is confusing for users and for sure some will duplicate the main text in the translation only because there is the possibility to do it and thinking I will do it so all translations are completed... :S

• Thank you received: 13037
9 years 10 months ago #155486

Hi,

We display the main translation flag because Falang/JoomFish propose the translation of the content in the main language from their interface.
That way, users can see these translations from our interface if they add them via Falang. Otherwise, they won't understand why they see these translations on the frontend while they are not present in the interface of HikaShop and ask us what's going on. Having the flag there, they can directly see that it's because the made a translation in the language.
The real issue is that Falang/JoomFish is allowing users to translate content in the main language of the website. It would be great if they could first remove that in Falang/JoomFish so that we can also remove it on our end.

9 years 10 months ago #155711

Got it.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds