- Posts: 62
- Thank you received: 10
smart search results translated names/title
2 years 8 months ago #358615
by smart web
smart search results translated names/title was created by smart web
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.2
Hi,
I migrated a hikashop website translated with falang to J5 over the weekend and switched the old search to smart search. I was very surprised that the translated product names were not found with smart search. Is this function really missing, is this a bug in the current version or have I overlooked a setting? Thank you for your help.
Stefan
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.2
Hi,
I migrated a hikashop website translated with falang to J5 over the weekend and switched the old search to smart search. I was very surprised that the translated product names were not found with smart search. Is this function really missing, is this a bug in the current version or have I overlooked a setting? Thank you for your help.
Stefan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358628
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search results translated names/title
Hi,
That function is indeed missing. Most people don't use Falang anymore and directly translate their content with translation overrides which are supported for the smart search indexing since about a year ago.
The smart search indexing plugin doesn't support Falang translations for now. You're actually the first one asking about it. I've added it on our todo list now.
That function is indeed missing. Most people don't use Falang anymore and directly translate their content with translation overrides which are supported for the smart search indexing since about a year ago.
The smart search indexing plugin doesn't support Falang translations for now. You're actually the first one asking about it. I've added it on our todo list now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358687
by smart web
Replied by smart web on topic smart search results translated names/title
Thanks for the answer, Nicolas. I can reassure my customer with the information that a solution is coming. Of course, we hope that it won't take too long.
This is an older shop that I have migrated. For a new shop, I would of course choose the native translation, but unfortunately we are tied up here. Or do you know of a way in which I can migrate a shop in three languages, based on Falang, to a native version?
This is an older shop that I have migrated. For a new shop, I would of course choose the native translation, but unfortunately we are tied up here. Or do you know of a way in which I can migrate a shop in three languages, based on Falang, to a native version?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358689
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search results translated names/title
Hi,
There is no easy way to migrate from one system to the other.
I've actually been working on the modifications for the smart search indexing plugin to support Falang since posting my previous message.
I didn't had the time to test as I would first need to setup several languages on a test website, Falang, the smart search, the products, the translations and the frontend search. Basically, it will take me more time to setup everything for the tests than it takes to make the changes.
If you're ok to help in testing the solution, please go through our contact form ( www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html ) with a link to this thread for reference and I can provide a copy of the modified plugin. Then, you can try reindexing the products and if it works, then it's validated and we can move on.
There is no easy way to migrate from one system to the other.
I've actually been working on the modifications for the smart search indexing plugin to support Falang since posting my previous message.
I didn't had the time to test as I would first need to setup several languages on a test website, Falang, the smart search, the products, the translations and the frontend search. Basically, it will take me more time to setup everything for the tests than it takes to make the changes.
If you're ok to help in testing the solution, please go through our contact form ( www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html ) with a link to this thread for reference and I can provide a copy of the modified plugin. Then, you can try reindexing the products and if it works, then it's validated and we can move on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 8 months ago #358762
by smart web
Replied by smart web on topic smart search results translated names/title
Of course, I am happy to help so that the Smart Search indexing plugin supports Falang. I have just sent a message via the contact form.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 2 weeks ago #363351
by janos
Replied by janos on topic smart search results translated names/title
Where were you, Nicolas?
www.hikashop.com/forum/10-translation/90...ion-with-falang.html
www.hikashop.com/forum/10-translation/90...ion-with-falang.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 2 weeks ago #363355
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic smart search results translated names/title
Hi,
What do you mean ? I'm right here.
What do you mean ? I'm right here.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds