- Posts: 195
- Thank you received: 18
Links of smart search results don't work
2 years 5 months ago #360199
by Sandra74
Links of smart search results don't work was created by Sandra74
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
Hi,
I have some issues with the smart search results.
None of the links in French works and the description is displayed in US instead of being in French on the results page.
Also, is there a way to have a better alias for the links? Currently in US it's component/hikashop/raf0bepg00000?Itemid=1175
I also noticed that in the index (backend) some products don't have a title and I don't understand why.
I must do something wrong but can't find what.
Could you help me? (Your backend access is still active).
Thanks in advance.
Sandra
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.2
Hi,
I have some issues with the smart search results.
None of the links in French works and the description is displayed in US instead of being in French on the results page.
Also, is there a way to have a better alias for the links? Currently in US it's component/hikashop/raf0bepg00000?Itemid=1175
I also noticed that in the index (backend) some products don't have a title and I don't understand why.
I must do something wrong but can't find what.
Could you help me? (Your backend access is still active).
Thanks in advance.
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360201
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hi,
I would recommend updating to HikaShop 5.0.4. We made many improvements to the smart search plugin since the 5.0.3:
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/508-hikashop-5-0-4.html#search
You can download the install package of HikaShop 5.0.4 on our website and install it on yours manually to get the update. Make sure you delete the index of the Smart search component, and then reindex it completely after the update.
It should help with the URLs and the translations.
I would recommend updating to HikaShop 5.0.4. We made many improvements to the smart search plugin since the 5.0.3:
www.hikashop.com/home/blog/508-hikashop-5-0-4.html#search
You can download the install package of HikaShop 5.0.4 on our website and install it on yours manually to get the update. Make sure you delete the index of the Smart search component, and then reindex it completely after the update.
It should help with the URLs and the translations.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360205
by Sandra74
Replied by Sandra74 on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks for your answer.
I just updated to the lastest version. I wanted to delete the index but I have a new issue, I can't delete it, it returns an error "Call to undefined function hikashop_get() "
Thanks
Sandra
Thanks for your answer.
I just updated to the lastest version. I wanted to delete the index but I have a new issue, I can't delete it, it returns an error "Call to undefined function hikashop_get() "
Thanks
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360209
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hi,
Please activate the "debug" setting of the Joomla configuration and try again. It should display an error message with more information which should help us to better understand what's going on.
Please activate the "debug" setting of the Joomla configuration and try again. It should display an error message with more information which should help us to better understand what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360211
by Sandra74
Replied by Sandra74 on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hope it can help
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360212
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hi,
Thanks !
Add the line:
$this->setup();
before the line:
parent::__construct($subject, $config);
in the file plugins/finder/hikashop/hikashop_j4.php and it should fix the problem.
We'll add the patch on our end too.
Thanks !
Add the line:
$this->setup();
before the line:
parent::__construct($subject, $config);
in the file plugins/finder/hikashop/hikashop_j4.php and it should fix the problem.
We'll add the patch on our end too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360217
by Sandra74
Replied by Sandra74 on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Thanks Nicolas.
Thanks yo your fix, I've been able to delete the index and rebuild it.
And the URLs changed, it's not anymore component but now checkout/theproductcode
But it doesn't solve all issues.
- In French, the description is displayed in English for all item
- In French, all products are displayed twice : once with the title in French and the link works, once with the English title and the links doesn't work
In the index, I still have plenty of products without titles
I have 1487 products in French but 0 in US, and 3 553 in "all".
I presume it's why I have 2 results in French per product?
Sandra
Thanks yo your fix, I've been able to delete the index and rebuild it.
And the URLs changed, it's not anymore component but now checkout/theproductcode
But it doesn't solve all issues.
- In French, the description is displayed in English for all item
- In French, all products are displayed twice : once with the title in French and the link works, once with the English title and the links doesn't work
In the index, I still have plenty of products without titles
I have 1487 products in French but 0 in US, and 3 553 in "all".
I presume it's why I have 2 results in French per product?
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #360240
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
I've made a patch which should make it so that the indexes are not in "all" language when the website is multilingual and "all" otherwise.
It should fix the last problem you're talking about.
Here is attached a new version of the smart search plugin install package so that you can test. You'll have to delete and reindex after the installation.
Regarding the other issue with the description in english for french, I'm not sure what is going on and I'm not able to reproduce. Could you provide a backend and a FTP access in order to look into it ?
Thanks for your feedback.
I've made a patch which should make it so that the indexes are not in "all" language when the website is multilingual and "all" otherwise.
It should fix the last problem you're talking about.
Here is attached a new version of the smart search plugin install package so that you can test. You'll have to delete and reindex after the installation.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Regarding the other issue with the description in english for french, I'm not sure what is going on and I'm not able to reproduce. Could you provide a backend and a FTP access in order to look into it ?
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360307
by Sandra74
Replied by Sandra74 on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hi Nicolas,
Thanks a lot for the patch. And sorry for my late answer, I didn't see your message.
I'll install it and let you know and provide a FTP access.
Thanks again
Sandra
Thanks a lot for the patch. And sorry for my late answer, I didn't see your message.
I'll install it and let you know and provide a FTP access.
Thanks again
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360308
by Sandra74
Replied by Sandra74 on topic Links of smart search results don't work
I just installed the patch.
In the backend, US products are in the right language.
On the frontend, all good for the US search. But the french links don't work: instead of using the alias for the links, it's using the titles. And the description is still in English instead of French
Sandra
In the backend, US products are in the right language.
On the frontend, all good for the US search. But the french links don't work: instead of using the alias for the links, it's using the titles. And the description is still in English instead of French
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360315
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Hi,
Thank you for the accesses.
I was able to better understand the situation for the alias and the description and made some patches for them.
I've added the patches directly on your website and it's now working fine. Note that you'll have to delete the index and reindex the content again in order to see the changes on the results page. I've just tested with one product.
I've added the patches on our end too. So for anyone else with these issues, you can download the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours.
Thank you for the accesses.
I was able to better understand the situation for the alias and the description and made some patches for them.
I've added the patches directly on your website and it's now working fine. Note that you'll have to delete the index and reindex the content again in order to see the changes on the results page. I've just tested with one product.
I've added the patches on our end too. So for anyone else with these issues, you can download the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandra74
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 5 months ago #360336
by Sandra74
Replied by Sandra74 on topic Links of smart search results don't work
Thank you so much Nicolas.
It's all ok now. You rock!
Sandra
It's all ok now. You rock!
Sandra
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds