Skip to main content

Remove 'add to cart' from auction item

More
10 years 5 months ago #236282 by lt635
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- HikaAuction version -- : 1.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1

Hello,

How can I remove 'add to cart' from auction items only?

Thanks
Regards
Lene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #236313 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello Lene,

If you want to remove it through your product listings, a solution can be to use separate auctions and products listing by using the "Show auctions" / "Add to cart" options of your product listing content menu/module configuration page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #329031 by ddevine
Where is that in the product page?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #329057 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

You'll find these option through your product listing's content menu configuration page. I attached a screenshot for more information.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #329078 by ddevine
Thank you, but I don't see that under Products, I do not have a "Products Listing" only the "Products"
I am using HikaShop and HikaAuction

I found it under the Menu Options, but it did not remove "Add to Cart"
I finally got the "Add to Cart" button removed from "free" items, but once
there is a bid, the "Add to Cart" Button reappears.

thank you
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by ddevine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #329162 by ddevine
Alright, I found it and applied that too, BUT the "Add to Cart" Button shows up when
bidding is made.

If I can't remove the button, can I change the text in the button? I would rather have it
say "Items with Bids" or something more relevant.

Thank you
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by ddevine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #329246 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

What you need to do is :
- Edit the Joomla content menu which have the ID 841
- Go to the "Product options" tab
- Set the add to cart to NO

If you're still having that issue, can you send us a temporary access to your back-end using our contact form so that we can directly test it ? Thank you :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please don't forget to add a link to that thread in your message.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ddevine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #329333 by ddevine
Great, that was annoying and confusing for several people. Is there a way to display something like
"add to bidding" so that it shows up when someone has bid on an item.

I liked the fact that it did show which ones had a bid, but i don't want it to say "add to cart", but only
for items that have been bid one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #329386 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

In that case, using the following code at the end of the "Show_quantity" file of the "Product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views" will do the job :
Code:
if(isset($this->row->product_auction) && $this->row->product_auction == '1') { $auction_link = hikashop_contentLink('product&task=show&cid=' . (int)$this->row->product_id . '&name=' . $this->row->alias . $this->itemid . $this->category_pathway, $this->row); echo '<a class="hikabtn hikacart" rel="nofollow" href="'.$auction_link.'"><span>Add to bidding</span></a>'; }

For more information about file edition, you can check our documentation :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-display.html#layout

Kind regards,
Mohamed.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #329393 by ddevine
That worked but both Add to bidding AND "Add to Cart" displayed.

When I went back to the Meu Option and Choose NO to Add to Cart they
both disappeared. Otherwise, that solution would have worked great

I have a variety of responses depending what Menu I use. Te Hika menu shows BOTH
Add to Cart and Add to Bidding, while one menu show not buttons and the Top Menu
one shows just the Add to cart.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by ddevine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #329438 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

That worked but both Add to bidding AND "Add to Cart" displayed

That's because you didn't set the "add to cart" option to NO through the configuration page of your product listing content menu. I thought you wanted to display an "auction only" product listing.

In that case the solution will be to edit the "add_to_cart_ajax" file of the "product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views" and change that line :
Code:
if($add_to_cart && !$has_options && !$global_on_listing) {
by :
Code:
if(isset($this->row->product_auction) && $this->row->product_auction == '1') { $auction_link = hikashop_contentLink('product&task=show&cid=' . (int)$this->row->product_id . '&name=' . $this->row->alias . $this->itemid . $this->category_pathway, $this->row); echo '<a class="hikabtn hikacart" rel="nofollow" href="'.$auction_link.'"><span>Add to bidding</span></a>'; } if($add_to_cart && !$has_options && !$global_on_listing && (!isset($this->row->product_auction) || $this->row->product_auction != '1')) {

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #329475 by ddevine
When I choose NO for Add to Cart with the Hika Menu, I lose both, I only
want the "add to bid"

See:https://onepasco.com/index.php/hika-menu

and then look at:
onepasco.com/index.php/auction
and
onepasco.com/index.php/auction-3

All with different results
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by ddevine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #329509 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

The modification probably wasn't correctly uploaded, can you send us a temporary access to your back-end using our contact form so that we can directly test it ? Thank you :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Please don't forget to add a link to that thread in your message.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #329542 by ddevine
I sent it to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #329583 by Mohamed Thelji
Hello,

I'm actually having the following error message when I try to log in your website's back-end :

Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.


Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum