Payment Not Redirecting

• Thank you received: 9
6 years 6 months ago #280750

Mohamed and Team - our emails are going out for the auction, and when clicking the link, they are directed to checkout. They click on paypal, and instead of being redirected to paypal, they receive the thank you for payment message. Help?!

Hikashop redirects fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #280751

After much troubleshooting, I think the issue is because I had a return url in paypal. Not sure why this is causing hika auction items to not be directed...but when I removed it, the redirect works. (fyi - the redirect url in hikashop works fine).

Any idea? Thanks guys!

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 6 months ago #280754

Hello,

Can you give us information about how you configured your Hikashop and HikaAuction checkout workflow and payment method through some screenshots for example, so that we can try to reproduce it on our end ?

Thank you.

6 years 5 months ago #280818

Hi Mohamed,

I can't reproduce it right now, as we have people paying for an auction that just finished. Basically, I have the payment method for Paypal setup with a return URL. When in Hikashop, it works marvelously. The user goes thru checkout (not using legacy checkout - using the new one...which I love!), and once he/she selects paypal and proceeds - is redirected to paypal. Upon submitting payment, the redirect comes back to our site, to an article which says "thank you for your payment". Again - in hikashop works great.

In Hika Auction, I have checkout setup as newer one (not legacy), but when user selects paypal and proceeds, they are not directed to Paypal...instead, they come back to the "thank you for your payment" message on our site. In the backend - the item shows as created.

Maybe it's a bug? In any case, for now, I removed the redirect url, and that way the user gets to Paypal. Hopefully this makes sense :) Thanks for great products!

6 years 5 months ago #280843

Hello,

As I said through my last message, we'll more information through some screenshots about how you configured :
- Your Hikashop checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout"

- Your HikaAuction checkout workflow via "HikaAuction->Configuration"

- Your PayPal payment method via "Hikashop->System->Payment methods"

Thank you.

Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

6 years 5 months ago #280950

Hi Mohamed,

Here's the workflow of hikashop

Payment setup for paypal (I had to remove the return URL so HA would redirect to paypal)

HA workflow

Attachments:

6 years 5 months ago #280978

Hello,

Thanks for these information.
We'll try to reproduce it on our end and fix it but the "Return URL" option of your PayPal payment method is only supposed to affect where your customers will be redirected after paying for their order through PayPal platform.

6 years 5 months ago #281019

Agreed. The return URL should only affect where the user is directed after the payment at Paypal. But when trying to pay for an item thru Hika Auction, after clicking payment method of Paypal and proceeding, I was not redirected to paypal, but instead went directly to the the return URL address. Hopefully this helps :) Please let me know when you figure out this one! Would love to be able to put the return url back in.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds