Installed HikaShop but having issues, please help!
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter: 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : IE11, Chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error message
Hello everyone,
I'm new on this forum and finding my way with Hikashop Starter.
I have installed the plugin and trying to get things working on our website. First I have started with our german site, so apologies but the front-end language is German. If that is a problem, let me know and I change it to Englisch.
The plugin is installed, products are added. BUT now I have the following issue:
1. When you try to order a product you see the "register" and "login" page. Wen I add myself as a new customer I can fill in all fields and pushing the button register (Registrieren) but than a blank page is showed??? An email with the account details will be sent to the email adres which you used so that part is working.
2. Seeing the email you have to click on the link to verify your account. When clicking on this link you will return to the blank page such as explained in the previous step?
I can't find the reason why this is happing, can someone please help me??
1. The link: www.introsteinboden.de
2. On the right you see the "hauptmenu" and "online bestellen"
3. From there you are using the Hikashop plugin
We have used the Starter version of Hikashop, as we have just 4 products to sell.
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm German, so I can read the confirmation/activation email...
According to this email after registration via www.introsteinboden.de/inloggen.html?view=registration , you require an admin to activate a newly registered user before he can actually log in and use his account. I guess that explains why it doesn't go any further in checkout upon newly registering there.
And even when registering through this Joomla registration form, I do get a white component area. Not a "blank page" like after a fatal error, though, but neither a system message... (begin edit) and same after clicking on activation link or attempting to log in with inactive credentials... (end edit) maybe you turned them off?
HikaShop uses Joomla features for registration and other user management, so if you wanted to change system behaviour in this regard, you'll need to look into your Joomla settings, not HikaShop. But if you need help with it, usually it's provided here, too. Searching the forum here will likely produce results; otherwise post again.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for checking!
I was able to login with my admin credentials...and saw the new account which I created to register as unpublished so that is confirming your answer
I have searched over the forum and also googled a lot but unable to find the setting which I have to change to get this working. I hope you (and al the others) can help me with that part, so people (customers) are able to registrer and login.
Thanks for all the help!
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hope someone can help me finding an solution for this matter.
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. -> Users -> User Manager -> Options -> option "New User Account Activation": seemingly set to "Admin" now, set to "Self" instead, save. (Newly registered users still receive activation email, but after clicking the link they are immediately activated, can log in and use their account.)
2. -> System -> Global Configuration -> tab Server -> option "Error Reporting": seemingly set to "None" now, set to "System Default" instead, save. (Messages such as after successful activation/registration but also after errors such as incorrect login credentials should appear.)
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can't find this "seemingly set to "Admin" now, set to "Self" instead"
See attached:
Second option was already set to "system default"
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I will give it a try now...
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The empty page which is popping up after you registred, do you know were I can get this changed?
Will be helpfull to put some information in this page that you have to check your mail.
Probably a known issue?
Thanks so far!
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Intro wrote: The empty page which is popping up after you registred, do you know were I can get this changed?
Will be helpfull to put some information in this page that you have to check your mail.
I can only say it again - maybe in different words:
By default, system messages show up in the component area (main area, where i.e. the login fields are).
Since you don't have them turned off but they are still missing, you may check on this with your template provider and/or the person who built your site in the first place.
In any case, it's a problem with Joomla, and not one caused by, or related to, HikaShop.
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Oke, it is clear and know this is not an Hikashop problem.
Is there any way of solving this blank page with some help from you? The template we have for many years now, and still running joomla 2.5 as 3.0 isn't compatible with the template
We are maintaining the website by ourselve, with our minmim skills of Joomla and using forums to help us further. As Hikashop is our first login & shop plugin we've never had thank pages or other pages for the checkout. I can be wrong, and thinking of the weong methods but I hope you can help here.
Thanks
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please see documentation page for compatibility issues.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have checked Joomla but was unable to find the option to enable the "system messages"
I have ordered below but using for the moment a different one, as they have sent the download link to the wrong email address.
extensions.joomla.org/extension/modal-system-messages
Using this one for the time being, and works great:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ames/system-messages
I found also a code, which can be added to the index.php of the template, just paste it between the BODY tags but with the plugins above the code below is not required.
<jdoc:include type="message" />
Always good to add the solutions as well as other people could have the same issues and avoid to spent hours of searching time.
Thanks for solving this issue!
Intro
Unfortunately I do not know everything, so please help me!
Intro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.