Confusing info about Hikashop version

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 7 months ago #277599

-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.6

Hello support,
I tried to update Hikashop to version 3.2.0, coming from 3.0.1.
The installation aborted with the error message:
« You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1 »
Result: white screen in the admin end of Joomla.
Logging in again, everything seemed to be working but Hikashop said that I was still on version 3.0.1. However when I looked in the Jooma admin menu Extensions -> Manage -> Manage, the version of the HIkashop component showed up as being 3.2.0. What version am I really on, how can I really tell?
Thanks, Jan

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by jeanboule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 7 months ago #277600

Hello,

You should activate temporally the Joomla debug mode in your Joomla global configuration.
Thanks to that, you will get a more details error message, including the filename and the line (in the PHP file) for that issue.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 7 months ago #277682

Hello Jerome,

Trying updating HS again, no more blank admin page this time, just the following page (see picture). Debug was enabled, but that doesn’t teach me anything special. The tab DB Queries shows some duplicates (but I've seen those with other sites and components too too)

To test the instalment process itself, I installed Breezingforms Acymailing and some other plugins, no error message there.
I checqued the DB in Joomla, optimized it with Admin Tools, checked file permissions, nothing to report.

Testing with an new Joomla installation on the same (local) stack and installing HS version 3.0.1, then updating to 3.2.0 went without a hinge.

Then I reinstalled a BU copy of the problematic site using a new DB. Problem persisted.

The only thing that is different is that HS on the « problematic » site is heavily customized, view and css fles are adapted to my liking, all the rest like payment methods, shipping, taxes, products and weights and so on is also already configured. Everything seems to work as intended. Could all these cosmetic changes (views, css, be the origin of the problem?

As said, I’m preparing everything locally (as I usually do for bigger projects) in order to test everything out in detail before buying a commercial HS version and moving everything to the final web space.

What’s also strange is that all HS files have an « updated » time stamp and I can see at the beginning of these files that they are version 3.2.0, even after getting that « Error Installing error » message. Joomla also says I have 3.2.0. Only HS keeps telling me it’s still on 3.0.1. I suppore it gets it’s version from table hikashop_config, where it says 3.0.1.

But otherwise, everything seems to function. What annoys me now is that I cannot be confident if and how future updates or upgrades to a commercial version will work out or maybe break everything. If I had just started, I would just create a new site, but now, since a lot of effort has already gone into adapting, changing and configuring everything, I would rather find the answer to the problem.
Any ideas where to look?

Thanks in advance,
Jan

Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #277684

Hello,

I still don't understand why Joomla 3 do not display the SQL query in the error messages.
For sure the intention was good but the implementation just forgot a ton of elements and now it's not more possible to have a simple information with errors.....

Please edit the Joomla core file : libraries/joomla/database/exception/executing.php and replace

parent::__construct($message, $code, $previous);
By
parent::__construct($message."\r\n".$query, $code, $previous);

Then you should have a real useful information about the concerned SQL query !

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

6 years 7 months ago #277736

Hello again Jérôme,

This time the Warning message is a bit longer, see picture. Since there is a reference to "category" (bk6_ is my Database Table Prefix) a thought comes in my mind that maybe there is something with the categories, so I join a picture of those as well. Joined a dump of the table mentioned in ERROR-installing-component-(2).png as well (zipped).
It assures me that you have not mentioned customising views or adding / changing css as a reason for the problem. Good.
I hope this new information helps a bit.

Thanks so far,
Jan

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by jeanboule.

6 years 7 months ago #277765

Hello,

Okay, that's much more useful message !

You have issues with your categories and you have some corrupted data.
I'll prepare a patch for the "rebuild tree" function in order to avoid such SQL error but in your side, you have to check your table "hikashop_category" which might have a category with an ID 0 (which should not be possible unless you do not have the "automatic increment" anymore ; which is also an issue).
But seeing your category tree, I'm afraid that you have several errors to fix in your categories...

Regards,

PS : In order to not break our moderation/ticket system, it's best to not re-edit your messages.

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 15
6 years 7 months ago #278201

Hi I have the same problem with a clean installation.

Attachments:

6 years 7 months ago #278203

Hello,

Try to re-download HikaShop 3.2.0 package.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: neo191987

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds