Language of the emails is in English instead of dutch after last update

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #305106

-- url of the page with the problem -- : crux.nl
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : safari 12.0.3

Since the last update of hikashop or Joomla, I'm not sure, the language of the emails is suddenly in English instead of dutch. The dutch language file is still there, and the file with overrides as well.

I don't understand, why it is not working correctly. Can someone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 66267
  • Thank you received: 9714
  • MODERATOR
3 months 2 weeks ago #305129

Hi,

Could you provide some screenshots to illustrate the problem ?
Is your website in several languages ? Or only NL ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #305163

I only use NL:



The whole website looks ok, except the emails:
correct email


not correct

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 66267
  • Thank you received: 9714
  • MODERATOR
3 months 2 weeks ago #305170

Hi,

I would recommend to do two things first:
1. activate the "debug language" option of the Joomla configuration and via the HikaShop orders listing, try to change the status of the order and activate the notification and check what you have at the bottom in the language debug area. It should tell you if you have errors in the translation files and if so, in which file and on which line.
2. Go in the menu System>Emails and check if your have overrides for the order status notification. If you do, back them up, delete them and then try to see how it goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #305215

Hi,

I tried both your suggestions. There are no errors in debug mode.
Removing overrides didn't solve the issue.

I tried adding the codes I made myself to the English overrides, because there was none for these codes. But this also didn't help.

Weird, looks like only the email part of hikeshop doesn't know to translate...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #305225

I have reproduced the problem on my test site. First I updated to the newest Joomla version, no problems.
But when I updated to the newest version of hikashop, the email/language problem arises there as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 66267
  • Thank you received: 9714
  • MODERATOR
3 months 2 weeks ago #305216

Hi,

Then, please provide a backend access and precise instructions to reproduce the issue along with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we can have a closer look at the issue :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
A FTP access would help if you could provide it so that we could add debug code if necessary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #305311

I just found out it gets even weirder. There is just 1 email this happens to. "order notificaton". The others we use are just fine

or at least

- order administrator notification
- order creation notification

I will sent the information you asked for

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 66267
  • Thank you received: 9714
  • MODERATOR
3 months 2 weeks ago #305322

Hi,

Thank you for the accesses.
However, I'm not able to log on your backend with the access you provided. Could you please double check it ?
FTP access is working fine but I need the backend access to reproduce the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #305349

Oh I forgot, I need your ip-address, to givevyou access. Can you give me that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #305396

can you try again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 66267
  • Thank you received: 9714
  • MODERATOR
3 months 1 week ago #305402

Hi,

So I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with the translation keys not being replaced properly like in your screenshot www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...tcorrectemaileng.jpg
However, what I found is that the email wasn't in the language of the order (customer) but on the language of your current language in the backend. That's because the line:
$product->order_lang = $product->order->order_lang;
was missing before the line:
$this->loadMailNotif($product);
in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php
I've done the change on your website and now, regardless of the current language in the backend, the email is always in the language of the customer.
We'll add the patch on our end.
It's seems to be all good now. Please let me know if otherwise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 58
  • Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 1 week ago #305443

Hi, thank you! It is working correctly again.

The reason you could not reproduce the missing translation key, was that I added them to the English version somewhere in the meantime.

Thanks a lot!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum