- Posts: 447
- Thank you received: 20
Error Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
7 years 1 week ago #311041
by davec
Error Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error was created by davec
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.22
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error
Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
Hi
I know this has been raised before and various answers supplied including switching off the global captcha or redirecting to the Hikshop Registration page.
I redirected to the Hika Registration page and the captcha will not work correctly, it just keeps refreshing. If I turn off the Hikashop Captcha then the captcha works on the rest of the site, contact form, standard registration page etc. So for me the issue appears at least to be with the Hika plugin. If you are saying it can't be I would appreciate a step by step solution on how this can be rectified? Turning off the global captcha doesn't seem to be a solution to me as other forms are not covered.
I have attached a screenshot of the setting for the Hika Captcha plugin. On all forms I require the captcha to prevent the usual fake accounts etc.
Your help appreciated
Thanks
Dave
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.22
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error
Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
Hi
I know this has been raised before and various answers supplied including switching off the global captcha or redirecting to the Hikshop Registration page.
I redirected to the Hika Registration page and the captcha will not work correctly, it just keeps refreshing. If I turn off the Hikashop Captcha then the captcha works on the rest of the site, contact form, standard registration page etc. So for me the issue appears at least to be with the Hika plugin. If you are saying it can't be I would appreciate a step by step solution on how this can be rectified? Turning off the global captcha doesn't seem to be a solution to me as other forms are not covered.
I have attached a screenshot of the setting for the Hika Captcha plugin. On all forms I require the captcha to prevent the usual fake accounts etc.
Your help appreciated
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 1 week ago #311051
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
Hi,
This error indicates that HikaShop's recaptcha plugin is trying to validate the registration but it doesn't find its captcha answer in the form and thus displays that error.
If I look at the link you gave, I can see that it's the Joomla registration form and Joomla's recaptcha is displayed there. HikaShop's recaptcha is not displayed. So that's why you get the error.
That's because you've configured the captcha plugin to display after the address, but as you're using the Joomla user registration form, the address fields are not displayed and thus it doesn't find the location where to add itself.
So changing that setting of the plugin to password or email would allow it to work, but then you would get two captcha to fill on the page, one from Joomla and one from the HikaShop plugin.
So that's not good either.
I would recommend to change that and then also deactivate Joomla's captcha. That way, you'll have only HikaShop's recaptcha.
What do you mean by "Turning off the global captcha doesn't seem to be a solution to me as other forms are not covered." ?
HikaShop recaptcha also handles the Joomla contact form and the vote form. These are the main issues with spam. What else do you need captcha coverage on ?
This error indicates that HikaShop's recaptcha plugin is trying to validate the registration but it doesn't find its captcha answer in the form and thus displays that error.
If I look at the link you gave, I can see that it's the Joomla registration form and Joomla's recaptcha is displayed there. HikaShop's recaptcha is not displayed. So that's why you get the error.
That's because you've configured the captcha plugin to display after the address, but as you're using the Joomla user registration form, the address fields are not displayed and thus it doesn't find the location where to add itself.
So changing that setting of the plugin to password or email would allow it to work, but then you would get two captcha to fill on the page, one from Joomla and one from the HikaShop plugin.
So that's not good either.
I would recommend to change that and then also deactivate Joomla's captcha. That way, you'll have only HikaShop's recaptcha.
What do you mean by "Turning off the global captcha doesn't seem to be a solution to me as other forms are not covered." ?
HikaShop recaptcha also handles the Joomla contact form and the vote form. These are the main issues with spam. What else do you need captcha coverage on ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 1 week ago #311075
by davec
Replied by davec on topic Error Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
Hi Nicolas
thanks for the reply.
It appears most of it is now resolved. However on the registration form if the Captcha is set to be placed after email that looks fine but on the checkout registration it is between the email an password fields which doesn't look very good to me. I assume I will now need to go into views and change the views file? Having said that it looks a bit out of place as most people are used to seeing a Captcha box at the end of a form.
Thanks
Dave
thanks for the reply.
It appears most of it is now resolved. However on the registration form if the Captcha is set to be placed after email that looks fine but on the checkout registration it is between the email an password fields which doesn't look very good to me. I assume I will now need to go into views and change the views file? Having said that it looks a bit out of place as most people are used to seeing a Captcha box at the end of a form.
Thanks
Dave
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 1 week ago #311080
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
Hi,
Well, since you're using HikaShop's recaptcha and not Joomla's, you could activate the Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop plugin via the Joomla plugins manager to use HikaShop's registration page only. That way, you'll be able to use the "after the address" mode of the plugin.
Alternatively, you could also activate the "invisible" setting of the plugin. That way, the captcha actually won't appear on the form unless Google thinks you're not a human (based on your behavior on the pages, where you click, etc). That would even help for your conversion rate since it's one less thing to do for your customers.
Well, since you're using HikaShop's recaptcha and not Joomla's, you could activate the Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop plugin via the Joomla plugins manager to use HikaShop's registration page only. That way, you'll be able to use the "after the address" mode of the plugin.
Alternatively, you could also activate the "invisible" setting of the plugin. That way, the captcha actually won't appear on the form unless Google thinks you're not a human (based on your behavior on the pages, where you click, etc). That would even help for your conversion rate since it's one less thing to do for your customers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315466
by epware
Replied by epware on topic Error Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
Hello,
I read the above thread as I was facing sort of a similar issue. How can I activate the invisible option of HikaShop ReCaptcha v2? I can not seem to find it. I activated the Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin.
Thank you in advance,
Eric Ware
www.ericspeanuts.com/index.php/FR/login/checkout
I read the above thread as I was facing sort of a similar issue. How can I activate the invisible option of HikaShop ReCaptcha v2? I can not seem to find it. I activated the Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop Plugin.
Thank you in advance,
Eric Ware
www.ericspeanuts.com/index.php/FR/login/checkout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
6 years 7 months ago #315467
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Error Anti-bot Validation - Unknown error
Hi,
You need to edit the Recaptcha v2 plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and you'll find the option there.
Note that if you use an old version of the plugin, you won't have the option, and same if you're editing Joomla's recaptcha plugins.
You need to edit the Recaptcha v2 plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and you'll find the option there.
Note that if you use an old version of the plugin, you won't have the option, and same if you're editing Joomla's recaptcha plugins.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds