Shipping options not updating according to country

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 4 months ago #326861

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.23
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.23

Hi

This has worked in the past, but not anymore (perhaps after upgrading to 4.4.0)

When I change the country for the buyer, the shipping options do not change accordigly.
I have most shipping options set for Denmark only and some for the rest of the world.
When selecting another country than the default (Denmark) alle the Denmark shipping options are still available

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 4 months ago #326897

Hello,

Can you show us some screenshots of :
- how you configured your Denmark shipping methods via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods"
- the "Denmark" zone via "Hikashop->System->Zones"

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #326956

Here are the screenshots

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #326974

Hello,

The issue can eventually be coming from the presence of the "Denmark" zone in the "Verden/World" zone.
Can you send us a temporary access to your back-end and give us step by step instructions to reproduce it through our contact form (please specify a link to that thread in your message) :
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #327013

Mohamed Thelji wrote: The issue can eventually be coming from the presence of the "Denmark" zone in the "Verden/World" zone.

The Denmark zone is NOT part of the Verden/Wold zone.

Details have been sent via the contact form

3 years 4 months ago #327070

Hello,

I actually tested it by changing my shipping address but I had to add an "Address" step in your checkout workflow to do it, and it worked fine.

Your issue is probably coming from the fact that you can't properly select your shipping country without any shipping step on your checkout workflow.

Also, I wasn't able to reproduce a case where both World and Denmark shipping methods would show up.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

3 years 4 months ago #327105

Hi

We have had this checkout process (without any changes) for a long time.

Just 14 days ago we had an order to Germany and the shipping method was the correct one. How is this possible?

Kind regards
Jacob

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by picht.

3 years 4 months ago #327106

Hi again

I have tried changing the default country in the Display -> Custom Fields to Germany.
Now Germany is the country selected by default when creating a new order, but the shipping options are still the wrong ones (the ones for Denmark)

regards
Jacob

3 years 4 months ago #327150

Hello Jacob,

I just tested it again, and I wasn't able to have a "World" shipping method displayed with a "Denmark" shipping method.
Can you give us step by step instructions as I wasn't able to reproduce it ? Thank you.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #327190

Mohamed Thelji wrote: I just tested it again, and I wasn't able to have a "World" shipping method displayed with a "Denmark" shipping method.
Can you give us step by step instructions as I wasn't able to reproduce it ? Thank you.

It shouldn't be possible to have a world and denmark shipping method showed at the same time.
If the country is Denmark the shipping methods for Denmark must be shown and when the country is any other than denmark, then the shipping methods for world should be shown.

3 years 4 months ago #327200

Hello,

When I change the country for the buyer, the shipping options do not change accordigly.
I have most shipping options set for Denmark only and some for the rest of the world.

Ok, then when you say "I change the country for the buyer" what do you mean and how do you change it without an address step on your checkout workflow ?

When selecting another country than the default (Denmark) alle the Denmark shipping options are still available

Do you mean that if I set the shipping zone to "USA", then Denmark shipping methods will be still available in your case ? Because when I tested it, it wasn't the case.

Kind regards,
Mohamed

3 years 4 months ago #327247

Hello

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Ok, then when you say "I change the country for the buyer" what do you mean and how do you change it without an address step on your checkout workflow ?

I'm not sure what you mean that I don't have anaddress step.
ere is how my checkout page looks like:
The orange square shown th address information that the buyer fill out.

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Do you mean that if I set the shipping zone to "USA", then Denmark shipping methods will be still available in your case ? Because when I tested it, it wasn't the case.

If I select another country in the country list (shown above with a red arow), then the shipping options do not change according to the selected country.

Regards
Jacob

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #327297

Hello Jacob,

That's because the registration form wasn't validated, so no country was "selected".
In your case the solution will probably be to edit your checkout workflow via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" and have the login and the shipping actions in different steps.

I have attached an exemple of checkout workflow which should do the job.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #327365

Hi

The setup I have now in the shop, has been there for a long time (all in one step)

How is it possible that we have had multiple orders to countried outside of Denmark that have been procesed properly?
The last one was last i november.

Regards
Jacob

3 years 4 months ago #327383

Hello Jacob,

I just tested it with a guest account with a country set to "Germany" and it worked fine, the checkout page correctly refreshed after I pressed "next" and the correct shipping method were displayed.

How is it possible that we have had multiple orders to countried outside of Denmark that have been procesed properly?

You actually have "Rest of the world" shipping methods, so that's why.

What I said through my previous message was that if you want shipping methods to dynamically change based on the country selected without having to press "next", then you'll have add an address step.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago #327401

Hi

What do you mean when you say you used a guest account?

/Jacob

3 years 4 months ago #327415

Hello Jacob,

I just mean that I followed your registration form with a country set to "Germany, that I pressed "next", and then the page reloaded with the correct shipping methods.

Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #327435

On my checkout page I don't see any Next button?

3 years 4 months ago #327450

Hello,

My bad I actually don't speak Danish, I was actually talking about the "Complete your order" / "Send bestilling" button.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 4 months ago #327630

Hi

OK.
Would it be possible to have the country-field update the shipping, payments and other options on the checkout page, just as shipping options can update the payments opdate etc.?

Kind regards
Jacob

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds