- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
Alert sound with incoming order
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
Hi,
Is it possible to get a sound "pling"
Something like this for woocommerce plugin. nl.wordpress.org/plugins/woc-order-alert/
We don't like Woocommerce but this is a nice plugin extension for a webshop.
Thanks
mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's a good idea. I've added it on our todo list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
I know
But we would like to have it now??
how long would take something like this?/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hard to say. We have many things on our todo list.
Some things are done in a few months, others take years.
Plus, it's not just a few lines of code. It requires proper development and testing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
I know you have many things on the todo list..
like this one..
Is there any development yet??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The plugin is now available in our Marketplace , you will find here .
Hope this will match your expectations.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
Does this plugin also work on the hikamarket multivendor shop, so when our vendor's are logged in into there frontend dashboard they get a alert when they receive an order..??
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, it's compatible with HikaMarket and will also notify the vendors.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
Sorry for the late answer but this sounds good..
We going to try this..
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
We bought the plugin and tested it in different browsers as Administrator and Vendor. As an administrator we get the message, but as a vendor we don't... and that's exactly what we NEED
Regards,
Michiel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I've done some tests with vendors and the plugin today and I found an issue I've patched. Download again the install package of the order notify plugin on our website and install it on yours.
It should hopefully fix the problem.
If not, we'll need a backend, FTP and vendor accesses and instructions to reproduce the issue on your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
Have downloaded the plugin package again, but now when order is made it jumps into a loop on the front end and keeps on bleeping of incoming orders..
I will make ftp and other access for you will send them as soon as possible..
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for the delay. I couldn't look into it as I was busy with the 4.4.5 we just released and other things.
But I'm not forgetting you.
I'll look into it next week.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the access. I wasn't able to use your FTP access though. It seems that you provided the access of another website where the plugin is not installed.
So I proceeded differently for the debugging by uploading several versions of the plugin, with and without debug.
I did several tests and since the debug data was showing everything as it should, I think did a normal test and it worked fine too:
i.imgur.com/elb2urF.png
So I can only conclude that it's also working on your website for vendors.
There is only one subtility that might be causing you to think it's not working for vendors:
The checking mechanism on the pages will only activate once you interact with the page (click, key press, touch (for mobile)). We do this to avoid too much back and forth between the browser and the server, especially as this might lead the user to miss the notification box if it rings on a page he doesn't know about (too many tabs open, etc).
So if you're just logged in with a vendor on a page of the frontend and you don't click somewhere on the page and don't press any key on your keyboard, the checking mechanism won't start and that might be why you think the notification doesn't work.
One possible improvement could be to also start the checking mechanism when the user is scrolling on the page but we thought it would be too much when you have several tabs on your backend as administrator of the website and the thing rings on all of them...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
I had finaly the time to take a look at it again.
But when i do an order as a guest and in a different browser i am logged in in front end as vendor.
I do not get the alert..
But as soon as i log in in the backend of joomla as superadmin, i get the pop up of order placed..
Why does a vendor not get this alert sign in his front end view??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I did try on your website to be logged in as a vendor on the frontend on one browser and place an order with another account on the frontend with another browser.
And I did get the notification as vendor.
As I said, this only happened if I had interacted with the page as the vendor. If I just display the page without doing anything on it, then the notification system won't get started and I won't get notified. So I was thinking that maybe that was why you didn't get the notification as a vendor on the frontend while I did.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
The alert sound end notifaction still not working....
Can yo please check what is wrong? It's on our test site:
Regards,
Michiel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I think I know what's going on.
As I said, the plugin is made to send requests to the website only after you scroll down the page (or click on it).
And if I access the page and scroll down, after that, I can see the "check" requests sent to the server, so this is working:
i.imgur.com/c892MRj.png
However, after exactly 30 seconds, the page refreshes itself automatically. Because of this, it stops sending the check requests to the server and thus you would only be notified next time you open a page and do something on it.
So the problem comes from that system refreshing the page every 30 seconds.
It you get an order between the moment you scrolled and the 30 seconds, it works, but once the page reloads, it's finished.
Now I don't see why you have that in place.
This is usually done to make sure the user session doesn't time out. However, by default, the user session is configured at 15 minutes in the joomla configuration page, which is already not a lot. But that means that there should be no need to refresh the pages more than once every 15 minutes, unless you're using this mechanism for something else ?
But even so, it should be annoying for your users to get their form inputs cleared if they leave the page for a few minutes and then come back. something like 2 hours should be fine. And in that case, do you even need a keep alive plugin ? And if you do, you should have it refresh the pages only once every 2 hours.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- BluepointWebdesign
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 424
- Thank you received: 11
I have deleted the script for this autorefresh but then still no alert sound or notification in the right top.
We need this autorefresh, because restaurant owners have this page open, so then the see the orders coming in. but on refresh and there is a new order we would like the alert sound and notification to get there attention to it.
But as i mentioned above even without the refresh, the alert sound and notification is not working.
Regards,
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.