- Posts: 366
- Thank you received: 26
Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
4 years 7 months ago #339325
by Thrane
Images fail after updating to 4.4.5 was created by Thrane
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339326
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Hi,
The images themselves cannot be loaded from the server:
i.imgur.com/e2Q7kJg.png
And it's for all of them.
For the images you see, I suppose that it's because they are cached by your browser.
On my end, I don't see any images.
I don't think the issue is linked to your update of HikaShop.
Because HikaShop doesn't play any role when your browser requests the URL of the image to your web server.
If you try to access the URL in my screenshot (which is the direct URL of the thumbnail), you can see that your web server doesn't return the image.
So that means that either there is a problem with the configuration of the web server (more likely the .htaccess) or the images are not anymore in the folders where HikaShop expect them to be. So you might want to check that the path you have in the "upload folder" setting of HikaShop corresponds to the path where the images are stored on your server.
The images themselves cannot be loaded from the server:
i.imgur.com/e2Q7kJg.png
And it's for all of them.
For the images you see, I suppose that it's because they are cached by your browser.
On my end, I don't see any images.
I don't think the issue is linked to your update of HikaShop.
Because HikaShop doesn't play any role when your browser requests the URL of the image to your web server.
If you try to access the URL in my screenshot (which is the direct URL of the thumbnail), you can see that your web server doesn't return the image.
So that means that either there is a problem with the configuration of the web server (more likely the .htaccess) or the images are not anymore in the folders where HikaShop expect them to be. So you might want to check that the path you have in the "upload folder" setting of HikaShop corresponds to the path where the images are stored on your server.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #339351
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Thanks ...
It's just that the images was showing before the update.
I see all the images in the folders, so I'm good at that point.
And it's only HikaShop images that aren't showing.
It's just that the images was showing before the update.
I see all the images in the folders, so I'm good at that point.
And it's only HikaShop images that aren't showing.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Thrane.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339353
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
I just restored an older backup where HikeShop 4.4.4 was on - everything working.
Then I updated to 4.4.5 and the images broke, so it has to be 4.4.5 that does something wrong?
Then I updated to 4.4.5 and the images broke, so it has to be 4.4.5 that does something wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339356
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Hi,
That, or you changed something else since the backup, or you had some custom code in HikaShop related to the images, and you lost that custom code with the update and thus it's behaving differently.
However, as I said, if you have the file /images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/600x600f/quinta-das-lamelas-2015-vintage.jpg
And when you access it with your browser, it can't load it, it's not something done by HikaShop but by the server:
i.imgur.com/L2RqNxY.png
Do you have the file /images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/600x600f/quinta-das-lamelas-2015-vintage.jpg if you check via FTP ?
If you do not, then it's likely that the "upload folder" setting of the HikaShop configuration is wrong and thus HikaShop is generating a wrong URL for the images.
If you do have it but the server doesn't provide it when requested, then I don't see how it can be linked to HikaShop, or the update.
That, or you changed something else since the backup, or you had some custom code in HikaShop related to the images, and you lost that custom code with the update and thus it's behaving differently.
However, as I said, if you have the file /images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/600x600f/quinta-das-lamelas-2015-vintage.jpg
And when you access it with your browser, it can't load it, it's not something done by HikaShop but by the server:
i.imgur.com/L2RqNxY.png
Do you have the file /images/com_hikashop/upload/thumbnails/600x600f/quinta-das-lamelas-2015-vintage.jpg if you check via FTP ?
If you do not, then it's likely that the "upload folder" setting of the HikaShop configuration is wrong and thus HikaShop is generating a wrong URL for the images.
If you do have it but the server doesn't provide it when requested, then I don't see how it can be linked to HikaShop, or the update.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #339370
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Thank you ...
I do have all images in that folder.
All product images also fail in the backend - as I mentioned, the site worked with 4.4.4 but not with 4.4.5.
I don't remember doing anything regarding images in any way.
Any suggestions what to look for?
I'm thinking what could have been changed since it's all HikaShop images that fails ...
I do have all images in that folder.
All product images also fail in the backend - as I mentioned, the site worked with 4.4.4 but not with 4.4.5.
I don't remember doing anything regarding images in any way.
Any suggestions what to look for?
I'm thinking what could have been changed since it's all HikaShop images that fails ...
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Thrane.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339371
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Well, if the images are in the correct place and your web server doesn't provide them to the browser when you try to access them with the URL of the images, then there is a problem with the configuration of the web server (more likely the .htaccess) as I was saying before.
So first I would check the htaccess, and then I would ask for help with the hosting support.
Now I don't see why it would be any different with HikaShop 4.4.4 or 4.4.5 since we're talking about accessing an image with its direct URL. HikaShop is not involved with that. So your situation is strange.
So first I would check the htaccess, and then I would ask for help with the hosting support.
Now I don't see why it would be any different with HikaShop 4.4.4 or 4.4.5 since we're talking about accessing an image with its direct URL. HikaShop is not involved with that. So your situation is strange.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339380
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Thank you, I'll investigate further - or have some more experienced do so
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339381
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Seems like a htaccess file has been placed in:
images > com_hikashop > upload
With this:
deny from all
I removed it and now the images are back.
How would that end up there - I haven't put it there
images > com_hikashop > upload
With this:
deny from all
I removed it and now the images are back.
How would that end up there - I haven't put it there
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339391
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Hi,
HikaShop automatically places a htaccess in the "upload secure folder" that you configured in the HikaShop configuration. This folder is where the files uploaded in custom fields and in the "files" section of the products are stored.
It is necessary that this folder is not accessible directly as you don't want users to be able to access the files of others, or to be able to access files that are provided after the purchase of the products without purchasing them.
So I suppose that the issue is that you entered the same folder path for both the "upload folder" and the "upload secure folder" and thus, when you updated, HikaShop checked that the htacess was still there for the "upload secure folder" and added it, leading to the images not being accessible anymore.
So you should check both settings and make sure they aren't the same.
In fact, we'll add a check on our end to avoid that in the future.
HikaShop automatically places a htaccess in the "upload secure folder" that you configured in the HikaShop configuration. This folder is where the files uploaded in custom fields and in the "files" section of the products are stored.
It is necessary that this folder is not accessible directly as you don't want users to be able to access the files of others, or to be able to access files that are provided after the purchase of the products without purchasing them.
So I suppose that the issue is that you entered the same folder path for both the "upload folder" and the "upload secure folder" and thus, when you updated, HikaShop checked that the htacess was still there for the "upload secure folder" and added it, leading to the images not being accessible anymore.
So you should check both settings and make sure they aren't the same.
In fact, we'll add a check on our end to avoid that in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339393
by Thrane
Replied by Thrane on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Hi
Makes sense!
And yes, the path had been set to the same on this site - changed now!
Thank you for your help!
Makes sense!
And yes, the path had been set to the same on this site - changed now!
Thank you for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 7 months ago #339404
by Susanna
Replied by Susanna on topic Images fail after updating to 4.4.5
Thanks I had the exact same issue!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds