Moving products and users from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342405

-- url of the page with the problem -- : pearblossomfarms.com/2022/
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

For a variety of reasons, we have decided to build a brand new website in Joomla 4 instead of migrating the old J3 website.

I was wondering if there was a way to move the contents of the shop from J3 to J4.
I know that I can export the Products and categories (although, the export feature is not always reliable), but I was wondering if users (customers) and past purchases could be moved as well somehow.
If they can't we can start from scratch but I would prefer to give existing customers as seamless a experience as possible.
I realize that will involve moving Registered Users from J3 to J4 as well, and I am looking into it (if anyone has any ideas on how to do that best, I am all ears).

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13089
1 year 10 months ago #342407

Hi,

First, you should ineed move the Joomla users. There are many tools for that on the JED. I'm not familiar with them so I wouldn't be able to recommend one over another.
Then, you should download via FTP the files/folders in images/com_hikashop/upload and in media/com_hikashop/upload/safe (or the other paths you set under the Files section of the HikaShop configuration.
Then, upload them in the same folders on the new website.
Then, in PHPMyAdmin, you can export all the tables with hikashop and hikamarket in them.
Then, in the export file, change the table prefix if necessary with a search and replace (for example with notepad++).
Then, in the new PHPMyAdmin, you can import the file to get all the tables of HikaShop from the olad website in the new.
Then, install HikaShop on the new website and you should get back all your data in HikaShop. You'll just have to reconfigure the modules, plugins and menu items since their settings are in Joomla tables, not HikaShop's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds