- Posts: 86260
- Thank you received: 14241
Lots of duplicates
Well, I now see the canonical URL tag in the header of your page:
i.imgur.com/hmfSlPF.png
That means that even if the URL brands.html?limitstart_category=0&limit=12&limit=12&limit=12&limit=12&limit=12&limit=12&limit=12&limit=12 is crawled by a search engine, it will only index the canonical URL and users searching for things on the search engine will only see the canonical URL.
So I think it's fine like that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Well, that means that the crawler has a problem.
It shouldn't hog all the resources of the server.
Search engines' crawlers don't do that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Go around try the site with any crawler: Screaming Frog SEO Spider, or any other.
URLs like this shouldn't be generated
It is not normal
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Finally, you provided some information on how you got that URL.
So I went and downloaded that tool called "Screaming Frog SEO Spider" and ran it on the URL /products/katalog/furnitura-dlya-dverej.html of your website.
I did get URLs with two "limit" parameters when it shouldn't happen, but not more as the tool is limited to 500 URLs in its free version.
What I learned is that these URLs with the extra limit parameter come from the rel="prev" and rel="next" meta tags of the products/katalog/furnitura-dlya-dverej.html?limitstart_category=12&limit=12 page :
i.imgur.com/VtLDKGW.png
However, as far as I know, HikaShop doesn't add these meta tags to the pages:
i.imgur.com/XRJqJF6.png
I'm thinking you're using a SEO plugin which does that.
I also just used alphacrawler.pro/ on your website and didn't see any problem regarding this issue. So maybe using another tool would help.
But maybe the thing adding the rel tags need to be fixed on your end.
In any case, whether the SEO crawler you're using is at fault or the SEO plugin adding the rel tags is at fault, it doesn't seem to be something we can do anything about on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
With it, you can check the entire site
Third party seo is not used. Here is everything that is used:
It is not clear why then such urls are formed:
ilsanmarket.by/brands.html?limitstart_ca...=0&limit=12&limit=12
Maybe it has something to do with the template?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks. With that tool, I was finally able to properly reproduce the problem and I think I found what is going on.
Change the code:
Please let us know how it goes so that we can include the patch on our end for the next version of HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
only 70 url, it's not critical anymore
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
No. This is normal. It's not a mistake and it doesn't have any negative impact.could you fix it so that 1 page was without tails like: ?limitstart_category=0&limit=12
I see what the problem is here. It's similar to the other issue but with a different scale.When I scan another such url is visible
Change the code :
We'll add the change on our end too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In general, it’s not entirely correct when pointing such a tail to the first page.
I looked at many online stores, most of them I did not see this. Also in the joomla blog itself, when you drive to 1 page, it is displayed without tails
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The patch I provided is for the URL
It doesn't affect the URL of the pagination page you're pointing out here.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Almost anything is possible in programing if you spend enough time and money on a problem.
It's possible to change that. However, it's not easy. The code which modifies the current URL to generate the URLs of the pagination can potentially remove the limitstart parameter if it's 0, but removing the limit parameter when its 12 would be quite difficult as the pagination system doesn't know what is the default limit of the current listing.
That would probably require hours of work to make a first solution, and even so, it would probably have negative and unforseen side effects which will take again hours of work to fix.
On the positive side, even if we did that work, it wouldn't change anything since there is already a canonical URL on the page which discards the URL of the pagination when search engines crawl your website.
That's why I answered you :
No. This is normal. It's not a mistake and it doesn't have any negative impact.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.