AcyMailing 7.x completion of the integration

• Thank you received: 35
2 years 11 months ago #331888

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.26
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi guys,
there are "3 Hika features" that are still missing in the AcyMailing to complete the Hika integration.
Believing that send out emails is the first eCommerce feature need (and now that last HikaShop/HikaMarket has been released), 'm writing here to ask you if you can help by contacting the AcMailing team... (as far as I know you are in good relationship)
The features are resumed into these 3 Feature Requests;

1 - HikaShop plugin > Settings > Front-end access > "Display the current user’s elements" HikaMarket
"...as described here , into the "Add-ons > HikaShop plugin > Settings > Front-end access" the "Display the current user’s elements" option is missing - here an image
That should follow the HikaMarket Vendor setting when the HikaMarket (the HikaShop addon) is installed. Practically, it is the substitute of the "Product Created by", the "Product owner", who can manage the Products.
the information it is saved into the tables: _hikashop_product > product_vendor_id _hikamarket_vendor_user > vendor_id / / user_id..."

2 - HikaSubscription plugin
"...An HikaSubscription plugin as you done for CB Subscriptions ..."

3 - Plugins integrations: Email + Triggers + Emali Override and process /component connector)
"...All Extensions Plugins should always perform 3 integrations:
1 - Email content: to select the extension content into the Email
2 - Triggers: to add Extension for Automations (mass actions) depending also on Users behaviour. i added it also to the AcyMailing GitHub project (this is the most important, Please, let's see the details on GitHub)
3 - Email Override: to replace Email templates process with AcyMailing, a Replacement of all Component Mailings. There were a very good "? AcyMailing Component..."

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by joomleb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
2 years 11 months ago #331892

Hi,

We sure can contact them and forward your requests to them.
And we'll be happy to help them if they have questions with the integration or if they need our extensions to test the integrations with.

Note however that AcyMailing has made a big shift last year to focus on WordPress. That doesn't mean they are abandonning Joomla, but with the same number of people on the team, that of course mean less time to work on Joomla things, like integrations with other Joomla extensions.

2 years 11 months ago #331925

Hi Nicolas,
many thanks for your report and I'm totally agree with you, the big work has generated a bit of confusion...
This is why I asked here, Please, to help.

About the point 2, the biggest missing is the point 2.2, where:
A - "Condition - HikaShop - Purchased a Product: ..." = There is no way to select a single product ID
B - The Wishlist is totally forgotten:
"Trigger based on user actions > When HikaShop Wishlist changed to: ...added... "
- "Condition: HikaShop - added to Whishlist: ...product..."
- "Condition: HikaShop - Reminder: ..."

Thank you in advance for the updates you bring us!
I remain available

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by joomleb.

2 years 11 months ago #331932

Hi,

I did have a talk with Alex from Acyba yesterday. I forwarded your requests and offered our help too.
As I expected, he told me that it's noted but that he couldn't commit on any deadline as they are working on other things at the moment.

The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

2 years 10 months ago #333005

Hi Nicolas,
thank you very much for your report and sorry for not replying earlier.
The commitment of Acyba Team is a known thing, unfortunately also the "obstacle" (hard work) in the development of Acymailing 7.
I see that the votes in the "Feature Requests" section have increased, thank you.
I think it would be nice to insert a note of these requests in the HikaShop mailing to involve as many Hika users as possible in voting and perhaps in giving suggestions and / or help...

2 years 9 months ago #333698

Hi,

Including a message specific to that for AcyMailing in our newsletter, seems too specific to me.
I already did all I could to see with AcyMailing's team what could be done to move faster. I'm afraid we now have to wait for them.

2 years 3 weeks ago #340434

Hi Nicolas,
after almost a year there has been no update by AcyMailing Team with reference to the Feature Requests.
As I have detailed here , it has recently been confirmed to me that some of the improvements will be included in the next release in a month, while the others have been "discarded".
Among the discarded Feature Requests there is also the HikaSubscription add-on that, although in the Feature Request list it is in eighth place, it has been said: "...Unfortunately we have no people asking for this compared to all the other features..."

What is / does it mean a "HikaSubscription add-on" ?
Well, the CB Subscriprion add-on is a good example and into the old AcyMailing 5 documentation there are some good case studies descriptions.
From my point of view, if contemplated, it would also be useful to insert the Users Actions, such as:
- Automation> Trigger based on user actions> When HikaSubscription status changed to: ...
as done for the HikaShop products

Now, Acyba team leader Alexandre confirmed to me:

- A - To develop a 3rd party AcyMailing add-on means to develop a plugin to add content into Emails, but also to add all Filters and User Actions triggers for Segments and Automations, all on the same plugin, Am I right ?
Yes you are - here the Developer Documentation

- B - I suppose a very good example for us will be the HikaShop add-on when completed, Am I right ?
Yes you are

- C - When the plugin is ready we have to deliver it to you for checking, testing and to be added into the AcyMailing official release, Am I right ?
Yes you are

So, here I have two questions:

- 1 - Please, Can you consider to "develop" the add-on and send it to the Acyba team ?

- 2 - In any case, to anyone here: Do you have any suggestions ?

2 years 3 weeks ago #340441

Hi,

Thanks for keeping us informed of the situation.
It seems things are moving forward in a good way !

From what I can see the HikaSerial Subscriptions integration should be an easy small plugin to develop. However, the developer documentation on your link doesn't talk at all about how to develop such a plugin. The explanations there are for other types of plugins.
So technically speaking, we still don't have the knowlegde on our end to develop that plugin, even if AcyMailing is ok to integrate it on their end if we were to develop it.
So I've just sent them a message to request a copy of the CB subs plugin. If we can base ourselves on that plugin, it should be quite straight forward to develop the same plugin for HikaSerial Subscriptions.

Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomleb

2 years 3 weeks ago #340450

Hi Nicolas,
Yes, I'm agree and I think so too. Thanks.

PS "...From what I can see the CB subs integration should be an easy small plugin to develop..." = I imagine you intend: "...HikaSubscription integration..."

I'm staying tuned here and I remain available...

2 years 3 weeks ago #340457

Hi,

Yes, I've edited my message to correct this. Let's see what AcyMailing reply to my request :)

2 years 2 weeks ago #340637

Hi Nicolas,
I sent you an email, ...staying tuned here, many thanks!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds