Mass upload variants

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 10 months ago #241312

Unfortunately I am no php code writer

I'm not sure I understand why such a simple thing has not been integrated into Hikashop?

Surely if I create a product with 178 flavours in Hikashop, then exported it to CSV, and then imported it into another Hikashop website, then all the flavours would be there?

If this is the case then why can I not just export my product, edit the CSV and import it again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
7 years 10 months ago #241316

Hi,

this is my exact question, is there a simple way or have I no option but to manually type in 178 values for this?

As I told you before, you can use the CSV import from PHPMyAdmin to import that data in the hikashop_characteristic table.

You have three things:
- characteristics
- products
- variants of products generated out of the values of characteristics.
When you export a CSV of products, you'll get the products and the variants data in your CSV.
You won't have the characteristics data.
So you would first have to add the characteristic and its values before importing the CSV of the products and variants in your new website in your example.

7 years 10 months ago #241359

ncoates wrote: Unfortunately I am no php code writer

I'm not sure I understand why such a simple thing has not been integrated into Hikashop?

Surely if I create a product with 178 flavours in Hikashop, then exported it to CSV, and then imported it into another Hikashop website, then all the flavours would be there?

If this is the case then why can I not just export my product, edit the CSV and import it again?

So this wouldn't work??

7 years 10 months ago #241379

It depends what you mean by "this".

You would first have to add the characteristic and all its values in the new website. Then, you could import a CSV of 3000 products with all their variants of the different flavours for each one automatically to the new website.

You can export your product, edit the CSV and import it again. The modifications will be done to the product. But if you want to add a new bunch of variants to a product, you first need to add the corresponding values in the characteristic used in the product.

7 years 10 months ago #242568

So basically I still have to type in 178 flavours (values) and if those flavours (values) are different for 50 products, thats a lot of typing....
To have the ability to copy and paste these flavours would be so much easier, as I have these available to copy....

7 years 10 months ago #242571

Hi,

No, you just have to type all the different flavours possible as values of the characteristic. You need to do that only once.
Once done, you can use the values for each product without having to type anything.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds