Parent Prices - Mass Actions

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 11 months ago #266293

I'm making great use of the mass actions feature and I'm discovering new things all the time.

Is it possible to get the parent price of a product?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 11 months ago #266294

Hi,

There is no such option in the mass action system.

6 years 3 months ago #284935

Hi Nicolas,

Do you have plans to introduce this soon?

At the moment, there's no way to export all products with their prices (if using Product and Variants).

To my mind there should be an option for:

1) Parent Name
2) Parent Price

I have to assume that all users that make use of variants would find this feature useful.

Thanks,
Hal

6 years 3 months ago #284938

Hi,

You sure can export products and variants prices. Click on the "export" button on the products listing of the backend and you'll have a CSV with all the data of the products, including the variants data.
We don't have plans, at least in the short term to add such options to the mass action system because the way the mass action system is done doesn't enable us to add it easily and it would require too much resources.

6 years 3 months ago #284955

Hi Nicolas,

That doesn't work for me.

The problem is that when you export the products in this way it separates the Parent Products and Variants. There's no identifier for those variants (except the MPN, which isn't human friendly i.e 853/10 and doesn't match it up to the parent product anyway). There should really be a handle, preferably the 'Parent name' to group these variants together. I also use 'Parent prices' for all my variants. This also doesn't show up for variants.

I'll give you a line for example:

4985 853/10 0 853/10_3 0 0 1408185929 0 0 0 173 variant 0 0 0 kg 1438785721 m 0 0 0 0 all 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 /womensshoes/product/padders-poem-black-leather-shoes-dual-fitting-eee-eeee 0 Black Female 3 187 New Adult 0 Size UK 3 - EU 36

These shoes are actually 'Padders Poem Black Leather Shoes' in size 3 that are £64.99. As you can see, some of that information is missing.

Thanks,
Hal

6 years 3 months ago #284958

Hi,

You could simply set a name in your variants instead of letting HikaShop dynamically generate it on the frontend from the parent product name and the characteristics values. That way, the variant name would appear on the exported CSV.

6 years 3 months ago #284977

I like the way that it dynamically generates the name on the front end. It’s convenient and saves me a lot of time. Not having to insert the product name 6 times into the variant listing is a great feature.

Surely it’s possible to dynamically generate this same information on the backend too?

6 years 3 months ago #284980

Hi,

Well, the point of having it generated only on the frontend is that when you change the main product name, it changes for all the variants at once.
There is no option to have the variants name generated on the backend, but that could be added with the development of a custom plugin.

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds