- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Store Set-Points for Re-Order
12 years 6 months ago #148143
by tasondag
Store Set-Points for Re-Order was created by tasondag
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Hi, I am looking for a way to be able to send an email or send some sort of notification upon a particular product's quantity reaching a certain mark. In other words I'd like to be able to have a quantity set-point on items that would trigger an email when it was hit. For example, if I had qty 20 of an item in my store and my set-point was 15, if someone ordered/purchased 5 of that item bringing the store qty down to 15, then it would fire an email notifying someone that we need to re-order 5 to bring our inventory back up to quantity 20. Thank you for all your help
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
Hi, I am looking for a way to be able to send an email or send some sort of notification upon a particular product's quantity reaching a certain mark. In other words I'd like to be able to have a quantity set-point on items that would trigger an email when it was hit. For example, if I had qty 20 of an item in my store and my set-point was 15, if someone ordered/purchased 5 of that item bringing the store qty down to 15, then it would fire an email notifying someone that we need to re-order 5 to bring our inventory back up to quantity 20. Thank you for all your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148145
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Store Set-Points for Re-Order
Hi,
Like the plugin "out of stock" in HikaShop Business ?
Regards,
Like the plugin "out of stock" in HikaShop Business ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #148341
by tasondag
Replied by tasondag on topic Store Set-Points for Re-Order
Fantastic, thank you! Can I also update quantities on products from the front-end of the website with the HikaShop Business plugin? I'd rather be able to keep people out of the back-end to update quantities if at all possible. I know you can do it with Hika Market, but I was hoping for a "one-stop-shop" plugin. Thank you in advance!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by tasondag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #148345
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Store Set-Points for Re-Order
Hi,
To update the quantity in the front-end, you need a more complex interface than a simple plugin would be able to provide.
HikaMarket Front-edition is a complete Joomla component which propose front-end edition features in order to manage your products, your categories, your orders.
I understand that it can be "too much" for your requirements but HikaShop business does not include the features of HikaMarket. It is two components.
Regards,
To update the quantity in the front-end, you need a more complex interface than a simple plugin would be able to provide.
HikaMarket Front-edition is a complete Joomla component which propose front-end edition features in order to manage your products, your categories, your orders.
I understand that it can be "too much" for your requirements but HikaShop business does not include the features of HikaMarket. It is two components.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149890
by tasondag
Replied by tasondag on topic Store Set-Points for Re-Order
Thank you Jerome for your help! I purchased HikaMarket front-end and HikaShop Business. They work great, very pleased! The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the fact that I can only set the "out of stock" limit to one value. In other words if I set that value to 20 it appears that every product on my store will use that value. How can I set an "out of stock" limit per product? Let's say 30 on one item, 50 on another, etc.? There are just certain items I want to keep more of in inventory than others. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #149915
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Store Set-Points for Re-Order
Hi,
The HikaShop "out of stock" plugin can be improved.
We can imagine that the plugin will read a value from a product custom field and, if the value of this custom field is "0" (empty), it uses the default value of the plugin.
So in the configuration of the plugin, you will set the default value and the name of the product custom field column (if you want to use it).
Regards,
The HikaShop "out of stock" plugin can be improved.
We can imagine that the plugin will read a value from a product custom field and, if the value of this custom field is "0" (empty), it uses the default value of the plugin.
So in the configuration of the plugin, you will set the default value and the name of the product custom field column (if you want to use it).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150022
by tasondag
Replied by tasondag on topic Store Set-Points for Re-Order
Hey Jerome, thanks again for the quick response! Soo I'm still a little confused...are you saying the ability to control that value "per product" is available today? I was looking for the way to add a "product custom field" so it wouldn't use the plugin default and was unable to locate it
. In the configuration of the "out of stock" plugin, I don't see the ability to be able to set the product custom field like you were talking. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #150029
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Store Set-Points for Re-Order
Hi,
No, it is not what I said.
I said that the plugin can be improve and "we can imagine", so it means that the development of this feature as to be made.
Regards,
No, it is not what I said.
I said that the plugin can be improve and "we can imagine", so it means that the development of this feature as to be made.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds