• Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #270243

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome and Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error 501

Hello,

I want to add some information to the Order Creation Notification and Order Status Notification emails. The information is static (bank account details text) and it is the same for both emails.

I changed the html in the Order Status email and saved - this worked fine. I then added the same information to the Order Creation email and when I saved I got Error 501 from the server. I tried both Save, Save and Close, and Cancel. All the same, error 501. The only way out was to close the tab.

I then tried the same on Firefox with the same result. Error 501 saving or cancelling the Order Creation email.

I then tried editing two other emails and they both worked OK on both browsers. So the problem is in the Order Creation email and not in the others.

Has anyone found this and is there a fix for it?

Cheers

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 10 months ago #270245

Hi,

The problem is not in HikaShop. It's a security component of your server, like suhosin or mod_security, which blocks the saving process because it detects PHP code that could potentially be dangerous (even though that's of course not the case).
You'll have to check with your hosting company or server administrator about that as that can be deactivated in the settings of these components.
Alternatively, you can manually create the email overrides yourself in the folder media/com_hikashop/mail/ via FTP or your cpanel. It's more work but it will circumvent the issue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tshirley

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #270299

Many thanks Nicolas,

I initially thought that this was a server security matter, however I was unsure because the error only came up in one of the emails, not in all of them.

I have how edited the email and created the 'modified' version through FTP and the problem is resolved.

Cheers

Tim

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds