Paypal dont work anymore

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266376

Paypal payment dont work.

After confirm payment and redirect to paypal page it goes to the url

www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/erro...574511_cdec8dae59fcb

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
7 years 1 month ago #266381

Hello,

Did you contact the Paypal support ?
The messages is not very specific and mostly give the impression that Paypal services have some internal issues.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 2
7 years 1 month ago #266442

Same with me !!!!
Joom 3.6.5
Hka 3.0.1
Suddenly no one can pay.. just happened today.
Paypal error is "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."
Paypal URL is
www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart/erro...923990_f13b1c88c799e

My site is http only ... has this anything to do with it? (I have other older sites and they work fine, but are https)
url for site is www.tarb.com.au/assessment-book-orders/personal-order.html
But i have closed the site til this is fixed.

Contacted Paypal and they said "shopping cart button needs update"...I dont
know what this means.
Thanks
emmdee

Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by emmdee. Reason: Added some omissions

• Thank you received: 13081
7 years 1 month ago #266453

Hi,

It still works fine on our website. And I also tested on a local test website with HTTP and not HTTPS and it still works fine.
I tried with both HikaShop 3.0.1 and HikaShop 2.6.4.
So there is something else and it's not related to the button itself.
Please tell the PayPal support that the button is part of a shopping cart software which works for others so the button itself doesn't need updating. It must come from something else, a setting, or something on your server, but you need more precise information from them.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266475

Hi there,

i have another client with the same componet and works just fine.

And the client that dont work, work just fine until last week.

We did not do any update since there.

we already change the e-mail of paypal account to another one that is working in another client and nothing.

The redirect goes to the URL that i send in the first topic.

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266501

I am encountering the very same problem! What is strange is that it affects some, but not all customers. So far it has affected ~ 50% of the customers who tried to purchase my products. Below is a screen-shot sent to me by a customer.

As I mentioned, it seems to affect certain customers, not certain purchase buttons: some people purchased product X from my site without any problems, while other people were unable to buy it.
I asked the customer who sent me this screen-shot, to try to purchase other products from my site. He faced the same problem, no matter the product he tried to buy.
Also, this doesn't seem to be related to certain countries.

Although I subscribed to Hikashop Business 3 since January, I am still using 2.6.4 on my site.
Jerome and Nicolas: My opinion is that you must investigate this very serious issue. We rely on Hikashop to do business and at the moment our businesses are screwed up. I bet that this issue has affected many of your customers.

Thanks
Panos

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by panefs.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266504

I forgot to add this piece of information: I asked the customer who sent me the screen-shot, to try and login directly to his PayPal account (by typing www.paypal.com in the browser's address bar): he logged in without any problems. So, the issue occurs when Hikashop transfers the customer to Paypal.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266523

Hi there,

after many hours i solve my problem.

Its simple. Go to the hikashop backend on the payments methods and delete the paypal method.

Do another one, with the same options and voila!!

It works again.

Strange!!

7 years 1 month ago #266525

Joom 3.6.5
Hka 3.0.1
I tried webfarols method and it didnt work.
Any other suggestions out there?
rgds
emmdee

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266538

Same here: I tried "webfarol"'s suggestion but it didn't work. As I mentioned above, the strange thing is that this buggy behavior affects a large percentage of customers, but not all of them.
So, what "webfarol" observed was a successful order from a customer who happened to be unaffected by the problem. This doesn't mean that the problem has been fixed.

I am sure the Hika team will investigate this issue today!

In the meantime I am emailing the customers who were unable to complete their orders, asking them to login to their PayPal accounts and send the money to my PayPal address. When they do so, I manually switch their order status to "Confirmed".
This way I managed to secure most of these sales, that I would otherwise lose!

The following user(s) said Thank You: emmdee

7 years 1 month ago #266572

Hi,

We got an access from emmdee and did a test on his website and got the error message from PayPal.
However, the data sent to PayPal is all but normal as far as I can see, so I don't see any reason for that error:
monosnap.com/file/GTG5exMap8tI3qJGTIJyUXHVICoCdB

So I looked further into it and found this page:
www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/inde...lse&viewlocale=en_US
Which explains that the checks on the variables passed to PayPal have been improved since the beginning of April.
All the examples mentioned in that page are already OK for HikaShop though.
I went further and look here www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-HTML-...?profile.language=en but again, most of the things mentioned there are already done in HikaShop by default since years.
In there though, I stumbled upon a post which mentioned providing prices with two decimals and which could explained why it still works for most people and why on the same website, it might work for some products and not for others. While nothing is mentioned about that in thePayPal documentation ( developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal...dual-items-variables ), I've done the modification for that in the PayPal plugin.

Here is a modified version to always send prices with two decimals to PayPal. Please install it on your website and let us know how it goes:

File Attachment:

File Name: paypal_2017-04-04.zip
File Size:10 KB

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
7 years 1 month ago #266575

Nicolas, thank you!
Can you please let us know the exact steps to install this patch?

Merci
Panos

EDIT: Should I decompress and move the contents in:
/public_html/administrator/components/com_hikashop/extensions/plg_hikashoppayment_paypal
?

7 years 1 month ago #266579

Hi,

Go in the Joomla extension installer, click on "browse", select the install package, and click install, like any Joomla extension.

7 years 4 weeks ago #266592

Hi yes nicholas done that but no success,
Joomla extension installer, click on "browse", select the install package, and click install, like any Joomla extension.
Checked the files in cpanel plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal ..all updated a few minutes ago.
Thanks so much for this, but the error is still there
rgds
emmdee

• Hikashop Business
7 years 4 weeks ago #266599

I confirm that the issue persists :(

7 years 4 weeks ago #266631

Hi,

I'm out of ideas. I've searched for several hours, but I don't see what it could be. I've sent a message on their support thread regarding that issue:
www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-HTML-...highlight/false#M483
Because without precise information on what's wrong, it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack in the dark.

Maybe others should do the same and provide a trace of the parameters sent to PayPal during the redirection.
That would probably help in understanding where the problem is coming from. It might actually be different problems for different merchants.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 4 weeks ago #266635

Nicolas, how can we help ? What sort of information can we provide you, that you think would be useful?
The problem doesn't affect certain vendors. If this was the case, my sales would be zero after March 29. The problem seems to affect certain customers! Let me give you an example:
I've been exchanging emails with a good customer, who volunteered to help. I asked him to try to purchase a number of different products. Every attempt failed. In the meantime other people managed to buy these products without any problems.

Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by panefs.

7 years 4 weeks ago #266637

Hi,

What I'm saying is that for most merchants, there is no problem. It's only for some of them.
And even for them, it's only for some customers of them, like you said.

Regarding your case, as you say that it only happens for some customers and not others for the same products, it indicates that the problem is with the address data sent to PayPal. Something must be wrong with it.

As I said in my previous message, you can get the trace of the data sent to PayPal with your browser console and publish that on the PayPal community thread so that someone from their support can check the data.

• Hikashop Business
7 years 4 weeks ago #266639

OK, but how can you be sure about the extent of the merchants affected by the issue?
When Adobe released Photoshop CC-2014, it contained a serious bug that affected most of my products. However only a handful of customers reported me the issues. In reality the problem affected a large percentage of my customer base.
Methinks that since this is not a vendor-oriented issue, the problem may actually affect much more people.

7 years 4 weeks ago #266642

Hi,

The thing is that for our own website, it works fine. And all the tests we did locally worked fine too.
And as you know, HikaShop is used by 10s of thousands of merchants, most of them using PayPal for their payments.
If it didn't work because there was a generic bug affecting most of them, most of them would be here and at PayPal support. But it's been 4 days, and only 3 people reported the issue.
So it's definitely not a generic bug.
It must happen only because of some data.
For example, if you turn off the "send order details" and the "address" settings of the PayPal payment method so that HikaShop doesn't send either the address nor the details of the cart, I'm pretty sure that it would work.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds