Stripe Connect - duplicate charges

• Thank you received: 2
5 years 2 months ago #303238

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.16

HI,

We have taken the Stripe Connect plugin in use and it's working great apart from one important aspect: we are quite often seeing duplicate charges of orders. Those happen within the same second. How can we get rid of those?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 2 months ago #303244

Hello,

Would it be possible to have more details about your plugin settings (without the credentials) ?
Does the duplicate always happen ? Can you provide more details about one order which gave you a duplicate ? (like the order history that you can see in the backend)

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

5 years 2 months ago #303290

I have attached screenshots of our settings and the history of one of the orders that made a duplicate.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Jerome.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 2 months ago #303298

Hello,

The order log history indicate that the credit card form that you have at the end of the checkout, has been validated twice by the customer.
I can see to add some javascript in order to avoid the double-submission ; that we wait for the return of the Stripe token serialization result before allowing a new submission (in case the returned failed and the customer need to change its card details).

In the mean time we are working on a big modification of the plugin which will integrate the Stripe card form directly in the HikaShop payment step of the checkout.
But, since you are using HikaShop 3.2.0 ; I don't think that the new interface will work (since it requires patches added into HikaShop 4.0.1 and 4.0.2).
The plugin will still propose the credit card form at the end of the checkout via its options but the new mode would be for sure avoid the double submission since the payment can be made only once, when the order is being created.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: earmaster

5 years 2 months ago #303327

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for the fast reply. That sounds like it a good solution. I asked some of the customers if they experienced problems during checkout, and some mentioned clicking twice on the Payment button indeed.

Great about the new update. We're actually in the process of updating to Hika 4, so we'll be able to use it.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds