Blank Page

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
4 years 10 months ago #307258

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.6
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.18

Hi

I have a an issue with customers paying via the action button once logged in and trying to pay a pending order. One customer has sent the following message.

"I went through the the website to pay the postage however when I press the Pay now option it takes me to a page with nothing on".

I cannot see any reason for this. I have done a test order myself and all works as expected.

The customer sent a couple of short video's which I would prefer not to post here.

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 10 months ago #307259

Hi,

We'll indeed need to at least look at the videos to better understand the situation. You can use our contact form along with a link to this thread to send the links:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Also, if they really get a completely blank page, then that means a fatal error, and you should get it logged in the PHP error log. So that's a good place to start looking for the cause of that problem.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 10 months ago #307278

Hi Nicolas

the page isn't totally blank. I will send the video and all relevant info via the contact form.

Thanks

Dave

4 years 10 months ago #307286

Hi,

If I access your HikaShop configuration on your backend, I get that error:

The HikaShop user synchronization plugin has been either removed or disabled from the website. It is a critical part of HikaShop and should not be disabled if you're using HikaShop on your website.Please enable that plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and then logout/login from the backend.

And I went to check in the Joomla plugins manager and I don't find the HikaShop user synchronization plugin.
So it has apparently been removed. Make sure that the plugins/system/ folder is writable and install again the HikaShop install package. It should add back that plugin and resynchronize all the users.
That's probably why you have issues there. I suspect that HikaShop doesn't see the user as logged in in some areas for some users due to that plugin missing.

• Hikashop Essential
4 years 10 months ago #307308

Hi Nicolas

I have just checked the admin area and that plugin is showing and is activated.

So not sure why you got the error!

Thanks

Dave

Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago #307310

Hi,

Well, I don't know what happened but I don't have the error no that I'm looking at it and I indeed to see the plugin.
So I'm suspecting something happened in the mean time.
Maybe it's an intermittent error (and that would explain why you're not able to reproduce the problem).
I actually am not able to reproduce the blank page issue on your frontend now.
However, when I looked earlier today, I couldn't even finish the checkout (I think it was linked to the plugin missing).
So maybe the problem is fixed for that person too ?
Maybe it's something linked to caching of pages, or a CDN which goes in between the users and the website ?

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds