Afterpay plugin for Hikashop, do developers and customers want it?

• Thank you received: 1
4 years 1 month ago #316631

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.2

Afterpay plugin for Hikashop

I have read the below forum topic and note that Mohamed Thelji mentions that Afterpay have not made it easy for the Hikashop team to obtain a sandbox environment.

www.hikashop.com/forum/search.html?query...1&catids=29&start=20

In the Afterpay documentation (configuration section) they do talk about a sandbox environment, so this means that to help the hikashop team they need developers who have customers with Afterpay accounts to assist in testing the plugin that Hikashop has created as mentioned by Mohamed.

afterpay-online.readme.io/reference#get-configuration

How many developers out there want Afterpay for their customers and can put their hand up with a test site they have for their Hikashop customers that could assist the Hikashop team with this issue?

Unless we vote by numbers and support the Hikashop team this will still be outstanding in another 2 years.

If you can please vote by replying to this post that you are going to send in an email to Hikashop via the support contact form giving your details to be contacted to provide support.

Here is the support contact form link:

www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 1 month ago #316633

Hi,

We actually got someone with an AfterPay account asking us to test the plugin today via our contact form.
I've just replied to him (maybe that's someone on your end ?).
Hopefully, we'll be able to get the necessary feedback to release the plugin officially.

• Thank you received: 3
3 years 7 months ago #324059

Hi,
Any update on an Afterpay Payment plugin please?
Afterpay is almost essential in e-commerce now.
If not are there any other plugins available for similar services in Australia such as Zip
Thanks, Bob

3 years 7 months ago #324088

Hi,

The plugin is developed.
We contacted Afterpay several times to have the plugin approved and have never heard back from them.
We also sent the plugin to several merchants but so far no one was abel to use it as Afterpay didn't approve the plugin.
The offer to provide it via our contact form if you want to test it is still on the table.
But you'll have to contact Afterpay to voice your interest. The more merchants contact them to have them approve the plugin, the more chances you'll be able to use it.

There are no payment plugin for HikaShop and Zip as far as I know. However, all major payment gateways should be usable in Australia (PayPal, Stripe, etc).

3 years 7 months ago #324114

Ok. I just contacted Afterpay. Here is their response:

Merchant Admin (Afterpay)
22 Sep 2020, 9:46 AEST

Hi Bob

Sorry for the inconvenience, Please get Hilkashop to reach out to us, they will need to fill out this form below:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSciyrQ1...JOOFplnhGIA/viewform

Thank you for reaching out to Afterpay to express your interest in Partnering with us as an Integration Option.

This really does sound like an exciting opportunity.

If you are an E-Commerce Platform that wishes to Partner with Afterpay, please complete this form.

If you are a POS Provider that wishes to Partner with Afterpay, please see the attached document. Complete this & return by replying to this email.

Next Steps?
Once you've submitted the form or replied with the document it will be passed through to our Partnerships Team, who will evaluate your request and will get back to you if /when they see an opportunity for alignment.

Have a wonderful day!
Luke
Merchant Support

3 years 7 months ago #324124

Hi,

Thanks. I've filled out that form.

3 years 4 months ago #327100

Any update please?
Bob

3 years 4 months ago #327115

Hi,

I did fill in that form. AfterPay never contacted us back... I suppose they didn't "see an opportunity for alignment."

3 years 3 months ago #328213

Ok. Thanks. I will keep asking them.

I have put Afterpay on my website, but it is a manual process.
I used the Hikashop Purchase Order Payment Plugin.
The customer can place the order. I then ring them up to get the bar code off their phone and enter it in the Afterpay website.
I haven't done it live yet but it should work.

Are you able to please make a customisable Hikashop Purchase Order Payment Plugin so that I can change the text box and Submit button to different wording or not display them at all? At the moment they are mandatory.

bob

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by aspirationimages.

3 years 3 months ago #328227

Hi,

The submit button is displayed by HikaShop's checkout system, not the purchase order plugin.
If you want to remove it, you can hide it with CSS. You should be able to hide it with such simple CSS:
.hikashop_checkout_payment_submit{ display:none; }
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
And the text of the purchase order plugin can be changed with translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

3 years 1 month ago #330557

Sorry, just saw your response. Thanks. I will try that.

PayPal has announced they will support Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) in Australia at least by June.
Are you able to discuss supporting this in Hikashop please?

www.itnews.com.au/news/paypal-launches-n...ign=daily_newsletter

Bob

3 years 1 month ago #330568

Hi,

Well, it depends on the payment plugin you use and what PayPal decides to do to add that capability.
For example, with the standard PayPal payment plugin, the payment form is directly displayed by PayPal on their own website.
So there is nothing to do in HikaShop. Either PayPal adds that capability to that form or doesn't.
And it's the same for PayPal Express checkout, or PayPal advanced.
For PayPal Pro, maybe some modifications might be needed in the plugin supposing that the API supports it.
Basically, what will be necessary to support that will in most cases not require us doing anything. But since there is no technical information about how it will be added, it can't say anything for sure.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aspirationimages

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds