No more payment by paypal

• Thank you received: 2
3 years 5 months ago #326251

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.nomadsroad.com/fr/boutique
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome

Hi

Since few days we receive orders but no money by paypal.
We hace contacted some customers they said it's not working,
So we have tested ourself using different paypal account, and payment it's not working.
Process is fine up to payment, at the end of the cert process paypal windows open, then we press button pay on paypal windows, and nothing.

We only receive order notification as our customer but no payment, so everybody are disapointed, because we can't send order without payment and our customer think they have pay for goods dans nothing happen.

Last good order the 12th of November
First error happen the 19th of November

Any help with this we'll really appreciate,
Thanks in advance
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
3 years 5 months ago #326278

Hi,

Check that the option "enable validation mode" in the settings of the PayPal payment method.
If that option is activated, you need to manually validate the payments in your PayPal merchant account before they get credited.
So normally, you want that option to be turned off.
Also, check that the email setting of the payment method hasn't been changed to another email address or you won't receive the money on your merchant account.
In general I would recommend reviewing the settings of your PayPal payment method.

3 years 5 months ago #326295

Thanks for your quick answer.

I was just wondering if it was a error due to an update of joomla
because before this day everything was working well

I will double check setting of paypal payment method on your website

1/ But with my own test on my website, and here are the steps
- I order a book and go through order process
- bothside (customer and seller) receive an email with my order before payment
- Windows of Paypal open and I pay
- Nothing appear on Paypal (customer and seller)
- I check my Bank account and there is Paypal debit of this transaction

This is weird, isn't it?

2/ Another redundant error is when customers stop his order process just before payment on paypal (so they just don't pay on Paypal) we receive an email of order with everything but no money..
Is there a possibility on hikashop process to receive this order email only if customer has pay on paypal ?

Thanks again for your help.

• Thank you received: 13066
3 years 4 months ago #326304

Hi,

1. Well, it would be explained by the email address being changed in the settings of your PayPal payment method.
For example, if a hacker gained access to your backend in some way and then enter his email address instead of yours there, then the money from the customer will to go his account instead of yours. In the case, the customer will see the debit, but the merchant won't see anything on his merchant account.
Or maybe it's there and it needs to be manually validated.
I don't see how a joomla update would change the payment method settings so it has to be something else.

2. It's normal that the order is created before the payment. However, after the payment the order status changes automatically to "confirmed" and a second notification email is sent to both the customer and the merchant. So you should only take into account that second email and only orders with the status "confirmed". In fact, you can even disable the first email in the System>Emails menu.

3 years 4 months ago #326366

Thanks,

that's are already good news, we were a bit scare of hacking. But the Paypal email address haven't change and if joomla update can't do something on cart process, that also good. Thanks

Thanks for the TIP about email, so the one I have to disable is "Notification de création de commande" , is it ?

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 4 months ago #326372

Hello,

Yes disabling that email will do the job.

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mtgt

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds