- Posts: 81
- Thank you received: 9
Stripe payments failing
- Leilahodgkins
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
2 years 2 months ago #362281
by Leilahodgkins
Stripe payments failing was created by Leilahodgkins
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.1.0
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.2
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone else is having occasional issues with Stripe payments not completing since the recent plugin update?
I have to stress that most Stripe payments are going through fine. However, since doing the update on 15th July, I have had a few (3 or 4) where it seems the customer did not complete the payment. I had feedback from one customer who said they weren't able to type into the card number box. I have a feeling they were using an iphone.
I have tested the payment on my Android phone and it's fine but I wonder if there is an issue with apple devices? Unfortunately I don't have an iphone I can test on.
I know this is often caused by 'user error' but I thought I would post and see if anyone else has noticed a problem, since it's rare for me to have this many in just over a week.
Many thanks for any insights.
Best wishes
Leila
-- Joomla version -- : 5.1.2
Hi there,
I wonder if anyone else is having occasional issues with Stripe payments not completing since the recent plugin update?
I have to stress that most Stripe payments are going through fine. However, since doing the update on 15th July, I have had a few (3 or 4) where it seems the customer did not complete the payment. I had feedback from one customer who said they weren't able to type into the card number box. I have a feeling they were using an iphone.
I have tested the payment on my Android phone and it's fine but I wonder if there is an issue with apple devices? Unfortunately I don't have an iphone I can test on.
I know this is often caused by 'user error' but I thought I would post and see if anyone else has noticed a problem, since it's rare for me to have this many in just over a week.
Many thanks for any insights.
Best wishes
Leila
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 2 months ago #362287
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Stripe payments failing
Hello,
What was your Stripe plugin version before the update?
I need to understand what kind of modification you can have (from the plugin, from the Stripe SDK, from Stripe JS...)
Regards,
What was your Stripe plugin version before the update?
I need to understand what kind of modification you can have (from the plugin, from the Stripe SDK, from Stripe JS...)
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Leilahodgkins
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 81
- Thank you received: 9
2 years 2 months ago #362297
by Leilahodgkins
Replied by Leilahodgkins on topic Stripe payments failing
Hi Jerome
I think it must have been this one (I got the information from the stripeconnect.xml file:
<extension type="plugin" version="2.5" method="upgrade" group="hikashoppayment">
<name>Hikashop Stripe Connect Payment Plugin</name>
<creationDate>24 11 2023</creationDate>
<version>1.2.3</version>
Does that help?
Thanks
Leila
I think it must have been this one (I got the information from the stripeconnect.xml file:
<extension type="plugin" version="2.5" method="upgrade" group="hikashoppayment">
<name>Hikashop Stripe Connect Payment Plugin</name>
<creationDate>24 11 2023</creationDate>
<version>1.2.3</version>
Does that help?
Thanks
Leila
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 2 months ago #362308
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Stripe payments failing
Hello,
Please edit the "plugins/hikashoppayment/stripeconnect/stripeconnectclass.php" and replace the line
Byu
Kind regards,
Please edit the "plugins/hikashoppayment/stripeconnect/stripeconnectclass.php" and replace the line
Code:
\Stripe\Stripe::setApiVersion('2022-11-15');
Code:
// \Stripe\Stripe::setApiVersion('2022-11-15');
Kind regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Leilahodgkins
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 81
- Thank you received: 9
2 years 2 months ago #362339
by Leilahodgkins
Replied by Leilahodgkins on topic Stripe payments failing
Thanks for that Jerome. I look after a couple of other sites so presumably I should make the same change for each of those?
Is this something that will be corrected with a future version of the plugin?
Many thanks for your help.
Leila
Is this something that will be corrected with a future version of the plugin?
Many thanks for your help.
Leila
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 2 months ago #362343
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Stripe payments failing
Hello,
For the moment, you just need to perform the modification in our website in order to see if it solve your issue.
Then, if we have confirmation, we will go forward with a patch.
Regards,
For the moment, you just need to perform the modification in our website in order to see if it solve your issue.
Then, if we have confirmation, we will go forward with a patch.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Leilahodgkins
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 81
- Thank you received: 9
2 years 2 months ago #362380
by Leilahodgkins
Replied by Leilahodgkins on topic Stripe payments failing
Hi Jerome
Many thanks for your help. I made the change in my own site and everything looks like it is working. I took four payments by Stripe over the weekend without any problems.
So, for me at least, it seems to be working fine
Best wishes
Leila
Many thanks for your help. I made the change in my own site and everything looks like it is working. I took four payments by Stripe over the weekend without any problems.
So, for me at least, it seems to be working fine
Best wishes
Leila
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
2 years 2 months ago #362385
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Stripe payments failing
Hello,
Thank you for the confirmation.
Now I need to understand why it's failing when we declare that API version...
Regards,
Thank you for the confirmation.
Now I need to understand why it's failing when we declare that API version...
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leilahodgkins
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds