- Posts: 96
- Thank you received: 3
Stock and characteristics?
-- HikaShop version -- : Business 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
I have several articles with a limited stock. I filled the stock by this (head)articles. Every article has several characteristics. But leading is the stock from the (head)article.
When some-one orders the limited stock of an characteristics, Hikashop give a sign that there is no more. That is good!
But it is still possible to put another characteristic from the same article in the shopping cart. That is not good. Because I have not anymore in stock.
I tried it with stock filled in by the characteristics, but then every charachteristic has is own stock. I want only the stock from the head article is leading.
Hope you understand it and have a solution for this because the articles with charachteristics is very good for me to work with.
Best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you fill the stock for each variant of the product, the system assumes that each variant has its own stock.
If you want all the variants to share the same stock, please leave the stock of the variants to "unlimited" and only enter the stock in the main product. That will then work like you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry to tell you that your solution won't work by me?
When I do so and choose the maximum of the main product I still can submit another variant of the same main product to my shopping cart.
But maybe you understand it another way. I can't submit more than the main stock of each variant. That's true. Let me explain:
My main product is a ticket for a show. The variants are with special arrangements. But I have only xx tickets in stock. So if someone has the last xx of the stock he can't buy more than that quantity. In the system like I do it as you say someone can buy 2 tickets and 2 tickets with an arrangement even if the stock is only 2 left of that ticket. In this case I sell 4 tickets which I don't have.
I think you are going to say that I must work with options in this case? But with options I have the same problem.
Hope you know a solution for this?
Thanks for the quick and good help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Options are indeed a solution, but I am not able to reproduce the issue you're describing on my end.
When I have a product with characteristics and that the stock is on the main product, I cannot put in the cart more variants that the stock of the main product.
But I recall that Mohamed fixed that a few weeks ago on our end so the patch is not yet in the stable version of HikaShop and will be in next version to be released in one or two weeks. I can potentially send you a pre release version of next version if you send a request for it via our contact form. Please provide a link to this thread and your order number in your message if you do so.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please help. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
By updating HikaShop you won't loose any information. It will just update the files and add new columns in the database if required.
Your views overrides, css overrides, language, configuration, orders, products will stay intact.
But careful if you have modified directly an HikaShop file and you didn't use the backend interface for that. Because you could loose your modifications.
Making a backup is always a good security and yes, the last Hikashop version will run on Joomla 2.5.9
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please, can you test this on your end?
Please help. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Ok, I understand that you're talking about the badge on the product images. Can you provide a screenshot of the options of that badge so that we can try to reproduce the issue on our end ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When will be released the next hikashop version?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. The new release (2.3) is already available
2. I just tested it on my end and it seems to be working fine for me, can you test it with a different front-end template (like Joomla default templates) ?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
May hikashop work like I think it must work or I'm mistaken?
Please, help. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/forum/3-bug-report/8663...h-stock-control.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.