Category Display Listing
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #172120
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Category Display Listing was created by Dragon41673
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 Starter
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 37.0.2062.120
I realize my HikaShop is a version behind, but that's because I'm going to be buying either the Essentials or Business Edition as my business is starting to have a bit of an up tick.
In the Category Listings on my sales side, it shows the categories vertically in a row. Is there a way to get them to show something like 2 or 3 side by side before it goes down to the next row?
Examples can be found here....
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping.html
But it's the sub category under each Manufacture I'd like to change here...
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shoppin...ron-wind-metals.html
I've tried to figure this out on my own, but I just cannot. I even tried finding it in the FAQ's or "manual"...but either I missed it or it's not there.
Also...the width of the categories is very wide, and doesn't need to be that big. Where can I edit the width of the category listings so it's barely wider than the Category Image displayed?
Thank you very much
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2 Starter
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome 37.0.2062.120
I realize my HikaShop is a version behind, but that's because I'm going to be buying either the Essentials or Business Edition as my business is starting to have a bit of an up tick.
In the Category Listings on my sales side, it shows the categories vertically in a row. Is there a way to get them to show something like 2 or 3 side by side before it goes down to the next row?
Examples can be found here....
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shopping.html
But it's the sub category under each Manufacture I'd like to change here...
ariesgamesandminis.com/index.php/shoppin...ron-wind-metals.html
I've tried to figure this out on my own, but I just cannot. I even tried finding it in the FAQ's or "manual"...but either I missed it or it's not there.
Also...the width of the categories is very wide, and doesn't need to be that big. Where can I edit the width of the category listings so it's barely wider than the Category Image displayed?
Thank you very much
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Dragon41673.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 weeks ago #172146
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Category Display Listing
Hi,
Both pages are handled with the same code.
If you go in the menu Display>Content menus and edit the one with the id "549" you'll see the option "number of columns" where you can change the number of columns of these pages.
Both pages are handled with the same code.
If you go in the menu Display>Content menus and edit the one with the id "549" you'll see the option "number of columns" where you can change the number of columns of these pages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 2 weeks ago #172241
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Category Display Listing
Awesome, I was killing myself trying to figure that one out & I have definitely missed that listing. Thank you Nicolas!
I've noticed that the system doesn't automatically re-size the uploaded category image, so I'm having to go in & edit each image that is shown as they are much larger than the category boxes now displayed at 3 wide, which is fine...I can do that no problem (it's just a small hassle). Is there a way to upload an image & have the system automatically re-size it properly for the box without me having to edit each individual image?
I notice there are Image Width & Height text boxes I can enter info in to with a px after the box...so I'm assuming that means pixels, correct? If so, is that where I would define how wide & tall I want my images to upload, or do those two parameters define only how large the display area is for the image uploaded?
I've noticed that the system doesn't automatically re-size the uploaded category image, so I'm having to go in & edit each image that is shown as they are much larger than the category boxes now displayed at 3 wide, which is fine...I can do that no problem (it's just a small hassle). Is there a way to upload an image & have the system automatically re-size it properly for the box without me having to edit each individual image?
I notice there are Image Width & Height text boxes I can enter info in to with a px after the box...so I'm assuming that means pixels, correct? If so, is that where I would define how wide & tall I want my images to upload, or do those two parameters define only how large the display area is for the image uploaded?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 1 week ago #172252
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Category Display Listing
Hello,
Note that using some CSS code can also be a solution : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
The solution will probably be to go on your category listing content menu configuration page through "Hikashop->Display->Content menus->YourCategoryListing" and use the "Image Width/Height" options.I notice there are Image Width & Height text boxes I can enter info in to with a px after the box...so I'm assuming that means pixels, correct? If so, is that where I would define how wide & tall I want my images to upload, or do those two parameters define only how large the display area is for the image uploaded?
Note that using some CSS code can also be a solution : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 1 week ago #172358
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Category Display Listing
Thank you Mohamed! I'm still very new & learning how to do all this, but I will give this a try...thank you!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds