Missing Product Borders
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 1 week ago #172971
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Missing Product Borders was created by Dragon41673
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3 Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Ever since updating from 2.3.2 HikaShop Starter in to 2.3.3 Hikashop Essentials...I've noticed that the products I have listed on my site do not have borders around them. The categories still do, but not the products. As I could swear they used to, I went looking for the feature to update it...and I cannot find it. So I thought maybe I was crazy so I tracked down an old problem I had...and sure enough, I was right, there used to be borders.
I've attached 2 images, one titled "Old HikaShop - Borders" and "Updated HikaShop - No Borders"
Where do I go to get my borders back around my product images?
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3 Essentials
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome
Ever since updating from 2.3.2 HikaShop Starter in to 2.3.3 Hikashop Essentials...I've noticed that the products I have listed on my site do not have borders around them. The categories still do, but not the products. As I could swear they used to, I went looking for the feature to update it...and I cannot find it. So I thought maybe I was crazy so I tracked down an old problem I had...and sure enough, I was right, there used to be borders.
I've attached 2 images, one titled "Old HikaShop - Borders" and "Updated HikaShop - No Borders"
Where do I go to get my borders back around my product images?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 week ago #172972
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Missing Product Borders
Hi,
Unless you have modified core files instead of using overrides ; HikaShop 2.3.3 is exactly the same than HikaShop 2.3.2 except for two patchs (one for the security issue and the other for the Joomla 3.3.4 compatibility).
Updating or Upgrade does not change your configuration ; so I think you have change something in your module configuration or you had modified a core file instead of using a view override.
View overrides are not lost with updates but core files are replaced by latest version during the update.
Regards,
Unless you have modified core files instead of using overrides ; HikaShop 2.3.3 is exactly the same than HikaShop 2.3.2 except for two patchs (one for the security issue and the other for the Joomla 3.3.4 compatibility).
Updating or Upgrade does not change your configuration ; so I think you have change something in your module configuration or you had modified a core file instead of using a view override.
View overrides are not lost with updates but core files are replaced by latest version during the update.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 1 week ago #173077
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Missing Product Borders
I did not change any core files at all. As you & I have discussed in another thread, my install did not go as it should have. Where can I find the setting to bring back my borders around the products?
Thank you
Thank you
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 week ago #173092
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Missing Product Borders
Hi,
HikaShop content module :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...op-modules-form.html
But it can also be some CSS modification if you edited the HikaShop CSS file directly and not use the backend interface to create an override.
Regards,
HikaShop content module :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...op-modules-form.html
But it can also be some CSS modification if you edited the HikaShop CSS file directly and not use the backend interface to create an override.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #173188
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Missing Product Borders
That's one of the first places I looked because I knew it "WAS" there previously...but as per the image attached, that feature is non-existant for products in my edition of HikaShop Essentials...unless I'm in the wrong screen.
The only other "border" selection I know of is the one in the 2nd image attached called "Category Borders"...and I've confirmed that this only changes the borders on my categories, not the products.
The only other "border" selection I know of is the one in the 2nd image attached called "Category Borders"...and I've confirmed that this only changes the borders on my categories, not the products.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Last edit: 12 years 1 week ago by Dragon41673.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 week ago #173190
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Missing Product Borders
Hi,
Sure, the type of layout is "inherit" in your first screenshot, so it use the option in your default configuration.
I guess you change some elements in your HikaShop configuration for that.
But upgrade from starter to essential does not change that or does not change your configuration.
Regards,
Sure, the type of layout is "inherit" in your first screenshot, so it use the option in your default configuration.
I guess you change some elements in your HikaShop configuration for that.
But upgrade from starter to essential does not change that or does not change your configuration.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 1 week ago #173281
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Missing Product Borders
Jerome, I did not change anything! This happened when I installed Essentials! Please help me fix it.
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 days ago #173297
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Missing Product Borders
Hello,
In your case the solution will probably be to set the "Type of layout" option to "DIV" and then set the "Item box border" to Yes.
In your case the solution will probably be to set the "Type of layout" option to "DIV" and then set the "Item box border" to Yes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dragon41673
-
Topic Author
- Offline
12 years 6 days ago #173377
by Dragon41673
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Replied by Dragon41673 on topic Missing Product Borders
Mohamed...
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! That worked. I had no idea that switching the "Type of layout" would open up another box which happens to be the one I remember seeing previously...but was gone when I upgraded to Essentials!
I sincerely appreciate it!
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! That worked. I had no idea that switching the "Type of layout" would open up another box which happens to be the one I remember seeing previously...but was gone when I upgraded to Essentials!
I sincerely appreciate it!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds